Game Soundtracks

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I only have a small handful. Most are designed to be repetitive, after all. Here's what I have. Any others worth getting?

Bully
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Quake

That's your lot!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Super Mario Land

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I like it in-game, but I think I'd tear my eyes out trying to listen to it like music on an iPod. I love some of the Halo stuff as well, so might have to go digging for that. Assassin's Creed is also pretty cool.

MORE MORE MORE!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
[YOUTUBE]OLanWagsaM8[/YOUTUBE]

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
My "Game Music" folder is about 9.5 gigs now so I guess I should be able to suggest something... ummmmm...

Well I guess it depends on whether or not you've played the games in question but:

The Eldar Scrolls III: Morrowind and The Eldar Scrolls IV: Oblivion by Jeremy Soule
Alexander Brandon's music to Deus Ex and the original Unreal Tournament
Kelly Bailey's music for Half-Life, Half-Like 2 (and episodes) and Portal.
Frank Klepacki's music to C&C: Red Alert and C&C: Red Alert 2 (the sound quality for Red Alert's music is a bit poor due it it's age, but RA2's music is kickin').
Jack Wall's music for Mass Effect 1 & 2.
Garry Schyman's music for Bioshock 1 & 2.

I COULD PROBABLY THINK OF MORE BUT IT DEPENDS ON WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC AND GAMES YOU LIKE (Game Music can of course vary in styles completely).

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
From what little I've played of BioShock and Mass Effect, I agree both have top drawer music. I will investigate further. Half Life 2, of course, shoulda thought of that!

Of course, I must also hunt down the full soundtracks of GTA Vice City & GTA IV, plus the radio station chatter.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Nobuo Uematsu's soundtracks to pretty much all the Final Fantasy games are brilliant. Some being better than others but all being very high quality in their own right.