Gay guys are frickin' brilliant (Buffy/True Blood)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
We homos, we always know how to say the right thing.

1. The Big Bad
2. The Crazy Henchpeople
3. The Sacrificial Tower
4. The Key
5. The Love Triangle
6. The Weapons Expert
7. The Vengeance Demon (origin)
8. Tara
9. The Teenage Ward
10. The Scooby Gang

I MEAN HONESTLY!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I think a lot of those things are just coincidental, but there are still some very close matches there. The good vamp/bad blonde vamp love triangle is very similar and it's bound to get even more similarities when Sookie starts banging Eric.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'll take the teenage ward, please!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The Big Bad: Almost every show has a villain, some of them have one per episode, and some one per season.

The Love Triangle: Lots of shows have love triangles. Eric is MUCH hotter than Spike, you'd have to be blind not to have fantasies about him. I DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO DRINK HIS BLOOD.

The Weapons expert: Srsly? Jason really knows how to wield his nail gun! (having a cute idiot on a show wasn't created by Joss Whedon either)

The Vengeance Demon: Maenads are out of mythology, not Buffy.

Tara: The whole town needs to be saved, not just her. PLus Sookie wants her house back.

The Teenage Ward: Jessica stopped being annoying after about 3 episodes. I don't see Bill having to take care of her much after SHE AND HOYT GET BACK TOGETHER :rwmad:

Don't know about the other stuff, not a Buffy fan. SORRY.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The Big Bad: Almost every show has a villain, some of them have one per episode, and some one per season.

The Love Triangle: Lots of shows have love triangles. Eric is MUCH hotter than Spike, you'd have to be blind not to have fantasies about him. I DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO DRINK HIS BLOOD.

The Weapons expert: Srsly? Jason really knows how to wield his nail gun! (having a cute idiot on a show wasn't created by Joss Whedon either)

The Vengeance Demon: Maenads are out of mythology, not Buffy.

Tara: The whole town needs to be saved, not just her. PLus Sookie wants her house back.

The Teenage Ward: Jessica stopped being annoying after about 3 episodes. I don't see Bill having to take care of her much after SHE AND HOYT GET BACK TOGETHER :rwmad:

Don't know about the other stuff, not a Buffy fan. SORRY.

CaptainWacky

Jessica and Dawn are both hot.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Although Dawn looks a bit like a donkey that's been punched in the mouth in the image they've used.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Still cute, though.

CaptainWacky

Trachtenberg is hotter than Dawn.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I had lots of double posts today. WEIRD.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'M SORRY EGGSYPOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!11111

CaptainWacky

MaryAnn being the Big Bad IS one thing I'd say was influenced by Buffy though, for sure. (Renee being the Big Bad for season one.)

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
peeps are bound to make comparisons between the two franchises, and there are always going to be certain clichés inherent in plot devices - such as a lurve triangle and some big bad nemisis for dramatic tension. otherwise you'd have a pretty dull story line.
this guy had fun thinking up similarities and I'm sure if we thought hard we'd come up with more but I'm tired and sad and cynical tonight so dont mind me.

CaptainWacky

PHLOX SODOMIZED A PINE TREE AND BUFFY WAS SODOMIZED BY A PINE TREE (DAVID BOREANAZ) OMG!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
No, Riley was the real piece of wood.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Now that I've caught up on True Blood and can read this thread I'd like to state that while both Jessica and Dawn are smoking hot I'm still going to have to go with Dawn THANKS FOR HAVING MY BACK WACKY.

Thank you.

CaptainWacky

I'd "go with" both of them (have sex with them.)

Also, Anna Paquin is hotter than Sarah Michelle Gellar, though season two SMG with clothes on is probalby hotter than season two Paquin with clothes on (if you follow me...AH, WHO CARES.)