Generations of TK posters

WordInterrupted

Troll Kingdom Ambassador
I'd actually split your 1st generation into two eras:

The Golden Age: spans from the founding of S.H.I.T. to the May 5th massacre in 2002.

The Diaspora: spans from the May 5th massacre to the glorious debut of www.trollkingdom.com.

Caitriona

Something Wicked
Grandtheftcow said:
No TK was on different software back then but changed to vBulletin after Conik or however you spell it hacked the board a few times.

TK changed to vB when Yo took over as Tech Admin [from what I recall]. Around the time of the beginning of the Second Generation [The fall of SS]. The Board conversion from the old software to vB was done shortly after I arrived on TK.. Dec 2002 I think.

Conik was 2004 wasn't it? And Hambil did an upgrade of the existing vB at that time to deal with the security issues.

Grandtheftcow

Grand Wizard of TK
Okay I was wrong archive.org tells me the board was always vbulletin software. It just had a different look before the upgrade around when I joined.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator

Number_6

beer, I want beer
First generation as Gary Mitchell, or some variant of that user name. I lurked more than I posted.

At least I think that was the user name I registered at the EZBoard with. I had at least one other Trek-related username at TrekBBS back then, but I can't remember what it was--with the exception of Number_6, every user name was dictated by whatever episode of TOS was on the SciFi Channel that day.

I know I've had at least five usernames on TrekBBS since 1999, and I would have registered here with the same name I was using at TrekBBS. And they were consecutive usernames, Bonzie. My sporadic presence in this corner of the internet got me pruned on a regular basis. So don't go permabanning me for duals.

I think I skipped generations two and three--personal life kept me from being on the internet much. I may have registered here during the second generation period, but if I did I can't remember under what name. I don't see any names on the list that look familiar, and as I understand it, all the registered names are still on the list.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
So what's this? Generations? What...are we playing Vampire: The Masquerade now? So if I diabolize an older generation, do I move up?

Number_6

beer, I want beer
^^I think it has something to do with the recent influx of shitty duals and personae who have no knowledge or appreciation of the history of TK. We're just reiterating our history, acknowledging our roots.

You know--one of the responses the French should have to all the Muslim shitbags rioting in their streets.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Are you suggesting mass deportations?

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Ah. Mass deportations. A marvelous concept. IRL and at TK.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Hey CU is back

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
jack said:
Hey CU is back

Don't get too comfortable with the idea.

6, where have I heard the concept of mass deportation being desirable...it was on another board...two boards in fact...uh...lessee...OH YEAH...TrekBBS and more recently ExIsle.

MM is very wise not to make me admin here...I'd do horrible things to these dual accounts stinking up the place these days... ;)

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Dual said:
Even... me? :(

Probably. It would depend if the coin landed heads up or tails up.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
CoyoteUgly said:
Don't get too comfortable with the idea.

6, where have I heard the concept of mass deportation being desirable...it was on another board...two boards in fact...uh...lessee...OH YEAH...TrekBBS and more recently ExIsle.

MM is very wise not to make me admin here...I'd do horrible things to these dual accounts stinking up the place these days... ;)

Yeah, there's no way I could ever be trusted with the admin CP to this place.

But unlike those at TrekBBS and ExIsle, I'd do it just to be a dick, and I'd admit that I was doing it just to be a dick.

Alas, it wouldn't be TK if people were deported en masse.

Starburn

I'm not wearing any panties!!
CoyoteUgly said:
Are you suggesting mass deportations?
How about mass executions? Those are more fun. :mrgreen:

Enkephalen

My Stars!
missmanners said:
You started posting when Bill Scott turned us in to the FBI .....
:D
mm

Sorry, but is there a TK Historical Society so you an go and see perp walk photos and read about this incident? I'm too new a member to have knowledge of this incident. And I freely admit to being nosey and enjoying history.:)