Genius/insanity: being able to hold two opposing viewpoints at once

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Is that ability genius or is it insanity and if so does that means bisexuals and bi-polars are THE SAME?

BlazerBoy

Wacky! You reminded me of somthing I brought up during an e-argument with Wordy. I often hold two veiwpoints at once, which is an easy way of saying either I have no clue whats going on, or I easily see both sides of an issue. In high school, I absolutely LOVED the debate team, because we were often tasked with arguing an issue, then having to defend the opposite side as well. Thats partially why I'm loving my legal classes now, because its just so damn easy to argue any side of anything, the trick is just convincing others. I think being able to do that is both genius and insanity, though it often makes you despised by both sides in the argument, because you aren't realy helping either of them.

CaptainWacky

BlazerBoy said:
Wacky! You reminded me of somthing I brought up during an e-argument with Wordy. I often hold two veiwpoints at once, which is an easy way of saying either I have no clue whats going on, or I easily see both sides of an issue. In high school, I absolutely LOVED the debate team, because we were often tasked with arguing an issue, then having to defend the opposite side as well. Thats partially why I'm loving my legal classes now, because its just so damn easy to argue any side of anything, the trick is just convincing others. I think being able to do that is both genius and insanity, though it often makes you despised by both sides in the argument, because you aren't realy helping either of them.

Yeah, that's what I meant...sometimes I think I'm just too weak-willed to have a strong opinion and stick to it though...

CaptainWacky

It's called wanting to KILL ALL THE WOEMN.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
HOW TITULAR!!!!

BlazerBoy

Mentalist said:
It's called objectivity.

Quite a rarity, indeed.

Now, I'm going to kill myself, because I just arrived home to find that a random power surge has destroyed my Tivo DirecTV reciever. I have to wait an entire FUCKING day to have one overnighted. :(

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Under warranty? I hope you're not shelling out...

I want me some TiVO. I'm behind the times with the digital recording...

BlazerBoy

DirecTV protection plan. Its a $7.99 a month option, and it gets me overnight service everytime there is a problem. :D

CaptainWacky

WHAT IS TUBESCENT?