Get Over It People! The New World Is Ours!!

The Question said:
So, you're hoping to dissolve the rule by demonstration an exception, I take it?
What rule?

There is no rule. I'm simply demonstrating that - unsurprisingly, given that it's all about Nordic peoples as the natural ruling elite - that book seems pretty poorly done. It's poorly researched, poorly written, and - from what parts of it I can compare carefully with what I know - of at best dubious accuracy.

For example, take (again) the Mongols:
Even though the Mongols withdrew from central Europe, all of eastern and southern Russia remained under Mongol occupation, where Batu created what became known as the Khanate of the Golden Horde - the name originating from an annual tribute of riches extracted from the northern Russians, who only escaped occupation by formally acknowledging themselves as vassals by paying a yearly tribute to the Mongol rulers in the south.
The term "Golden Horde" doesn't come out of the tribute paid. The Mongols extracted tribute and taxes from a great deal more than the Russians. "Golden" is a directional referent.

The Mongolian Empire took over just as much land empire as the British Empire; the British Empire held most of its land for about two centuries, and so did the Mongolians.

The Russian Empire - incidentally - became identified with the color white through the same set of cardinal referents - white referred to western, and Russia was west of Mongolia. Later, the communists would adopt the color red for certain reasons, giving us the series of battles between the White Russian Army and the Red Russian Army during the Revolution.

The Question said:
I'm gonna need you to fill me in on how colors became directional references.
I recommend you check out what is the #1 site for learning about shamanism and the "native" Siberian/Mongolian culture, www.coldsiberia.org (no, it's not an unbiased site, but I'm sure you're used to the applauding style of authorship, considering the links you've posted) - the page addressing that particular issue is here. You may also wish to check out Wikipedia's Cardinal Directions page, which is much shorter. Suffice it to say that the shamanic tradition was one in which the color/direction mythos was taken seriously, although the association is not limited to the Mongols.

And yes, there are people who think the Mongolian people are possessed of - well, divine gifts. Or a destiny. What have you.
MessengerX said:
I've seen the author actually post and debate on Stormfront. Why not take it up with him?
Ah, yes. "Hi, I'm TJHairball, longtime moderator on NationStates, and I'd like to join Stormfront forums to talk about the numerous errors in this online book written by a member here."

*IP BAN*

"Hello? Hello? Can anybody hear me?"

Now... I readily admit that I'm not an expert on all areas of history, and I can't pass judgement on every contention the book sets forth. However, it's fairly clear from what I can pass judgement on that it's a piece of crap, and I have no need to join the internet's foremost white supremacist website to demonstrate that.

Nor do is it in my interest. Indeed, it is in my interest not to, for a variety of other reasons.

So primarily shamanism, then. I weren't aware the Mongols were shamanic. (Not saying they weren't, before you go reading in, only saying I wasn't aware of it.) Although I've always been more impressed with the spooOOooOOooky stuff attributed to the Tibetans a bit more, myself. :)

TJHairball said:
Ah, yes. "Hi, I'm TJHairball, longtime moderator on NationStates, and I'd like to join Stormfront forums to talk about the numerous errors in this online book written by a member here."

*IP BAN*

"Hello? Hello? Can anybody hear me?"
Actually I was serious. They have a sort of hive-mind and if anything the people there love debating this that and the other regarding the authenticity (Or lack thereof) of any facts they believe to be true.

A thread entitled 'Errors in Arthur Kemp's book' would be enough, really.

Some great points, Hairball.

Messenger said:
Actually I was serious. They have a sort of hive-mind and if anything the people there love debating this that and the other regarding the authenticity (Or lack thereof) of any facts they believe to be true.

A thread entitled 'Errors in Arthur Kemp's book' would be enough, really.

Have you been there recently? No, they don't debate anything any longer: they perma ban all posters with constrasting views, and then recommence their KKK circle-jerk in front of yellowed, sticky images of Hitler.

Back