Love Wookiee
Waters of Mars.

Less then two hours.

It might not be shit like the last one.

I hope not.

It's been ABOUT TIME.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Certain moments in history are locked, I cant change things, you die on mars, today.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I enjoyed this episode. Back to what Dr Who has always done best with Sci-Fi & Horror in equal mix. I like the shift of Tenant's Who toward an arrogant, power-crazed Time Lord. It was a nice way to way to move the Sword of Damocles over his head. We've never seen a Doctor behave that way, and it was quite interesting.

Now I can't wait for John Simm's Master to return. Excellent.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Hey so yeah that was pretty good.

I mean it feel into some of the usual pitfalls RTDs writing has (like completely deflating any tension in a chase scene by turning it into a wacky comedy scene for no real reason), but apart from that, one of the best things to be (co-)written by RTD since the Eccleston days. We did however have Tennant doing his SHOUTING TO BE DRAMATIC thing a lot, and Murray Gold still needs to learn what subtlety is.

Plus I like the idea of The Doctor going a bit mad with power being the last only survivor of the Time war (except for all those other people who also survived).

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I know the robot was supposed to be annoying / funny. It only succeeded in the first part of that. It was about as funny as Athlete's Foot.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked it a lot.

The Doctor with no companion quickly becomes similar to the master, not giving a fuck for history, taking it upon himself to decide who lives and who dies.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Not a bad episode at all. I think he did actually say "I'm so sorry" or something similar, so Tomtrek wins some points! :)

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I liked it a lot.

The Doctor with no companion quickly becomes similar to the master, not giving a fuck for history, taking it upon himself to decide who lives and who dies.

Wasn't it nice to see them having the balls to do that with his character, though? I wouldn't mind a few episodes of that. Bit like Angelus being a much better character than Angel, really.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yes, it was pretty good. The running was a bit annoying but they always have lots of running. Also the music being too loud to hear what they were actually saying sometimes. You'd think they would have fixed that by now. Also the bit where webpages kept popping up got a bit old.

But Tennant was good and quite scary at the end and the suicide was a bit "adult" for 7pm (won't her daughter wonder why there's a gun lying on the floor of her house? And why there's a robot outside?)

At least the hot girl and the funny Russian guy survived!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh, so the gun vapourised her, you think? I was imagining Adelaide's body would be found, which kind of defeated the point of her killing herself. Especially since the other pair would be telling the whole story anyway. If she just didn't want to be around to influence her granddaughter then she could've just asked the Doctor to whisk her off somewhere with him.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, I just assumed it would varpourise her since it was a "ray gun".

whisky

Boobie inspector
If it vaporised people why didn't she use it on the monsters?

For a second I thought she might shoot the Doc in the back, and the last episode would be him slowly dying.

CaptainWacky

One stupid thing I just thought of: The dalek letting the little girl live. Weren't the Daleks trying to DESTROY ALL OF CREATION in that episode (I can't quite remember but I think they were.) Why would they bother obeying the "laws of time" in that case?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Someone on SFM pointed out that the Doc brought that stupid robot back to Earth even though it'd been through the water. "Just one drop... that's all it takes."

I also wondered why he had to ask what the date was when he arrived at the base. Does he just pick completely random places and times?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Well since the Tenth Doctor has full (sort-of) control of his TARDIS, and no randomiser, I guess he just closed his eyes, twiddled some knobs and ended up on Mars JUST AS SOMETHING WAS HAPPENING.