Goodbye music

whisky

Boobie inspector
And with one email some middle management twat decrees there will be no more music in any hull NHS building since they didn't want to cough up for a music licence.

The email also said this would take place with immediate effect, so all the radios fell silent.

The enforced dress code is coming next, sucking even more fun and individuality out of the job.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Things always work out well when the government decides to charge itself for something.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Surely happy workers are productive workers?

whisky

Boobie inspector
You would think, but they seem to think "a happy worker is obviously doing something they aren't being paid to do"

CaptainWacky

What about iPods and the like? Surely you don't need a music license to listen privately.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It might affect my ability to hear the phone ringing, or someone knocking at the door, plus its pretty anti social to the other people in the room if I have earphones in.

I think I shall rebel tomorrow, and listen to Moyles, he hardly ever plays music anyway.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, put on Classic FM. Even if they do play anything made in the last century you won't know the difference.

whisky

Boobie inspector
In the end I had the radio on, but quickly turned it off if the phone rang or someone came to my door

CaptainWacky

Fight the power.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Stream some online radio stations at your desk nice and soft, or with an earpiece (do you work with a headset? Even better).

whisky

Boobie inspector
They banned streaming radios long ago, I don't work with a headset, but earphones will make it less likely I will hear someone coming through the door

CaptainWacky

Lock the door.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Having one earphone in, or just turn the sound down.

CaptainWacky

Hire a midget to hide under your desk singing to you.