GOP finds it's own great non-white hope

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
link

Thrust into the spotlight as a Republican rising star, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has been depicted as an up-and-comer capable of helping reshape the party and jockeying for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination.

Aside from his rapidly paced career moves, his ethnic background and the making of his American identity have been points of interest. Jindal, while his legal name remains Piyush, publicly goes by "Bobby" -- a nickname he reportedly picked up from the youngest "Brady Bunch" character as a preschooler. A Hindu by birth, he converted to Catholicism after his grandfather's death.

He record on social issues sticks to high heaven (no pun intended) though.

Abortion and stem cell research
Jindal has a 100% pro-life voting record according to the National Right to Life Committee. He does not condemn medical procedures meant to save the life of a pregnant woman that would indirectly cause the termination of the pregnancy. Jindal also supports the use of emergency contraception in the case of rape. He opposes embryonic stem cell research and voted against increasing federal funding to expand embryonic stem cell lines.

Same-sex marriage
Jindal opposes the legalization of same-sex marriage, and has voted for the Federal Marriage Amendment to restrict marriage to a union between one man and one woman. In December 2008, Jindal announced the formation of the Louisiana Commission on Marriage and Family, including individuals representing organizations that oppose same-sex marriage, including Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, Gene Mills, the executive director of the Louisiana Family Forum and Mike Johnson, senior legal counsel for the Alliance Defense Fund.

Civil liberties
Jindal voted yes on making the PATRIOT Act permanent, voted in favor of the 2006 Military Commissions Act, supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning, and voted for the Real ID Act of 2005. Jindal has an "A" rating from Gun Owners of America.
He was a member of the conservative Republican Study Committee. In 2006, Jindal voted with the Republican Caucus 97 percent of the time during the 109th Congress.

Health care
Jindal also supports co-payments in Medicaid.

Intelligent design
Jindal supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
He at least seems honest. Which is saying alot about a LA politician.

YingSawSay

I'm high
Ah the creepy exorcism dude! Stick him with Palin and 2012 is a lock for Obama.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Colin Powell had a lock on that role (I remember a friend saying about Obama after his 2004 convention speech that "The Democrats have found their Colin Powell") but then the Junta had their way with him.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Bobby's state was offered 3.8 billion in stimulus, but Boddy stood his moral ground and threw it back in their faces, only agreeing to take 3.7 billion of it.

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
I wasn't so excited about his speech:

1) Volcano monitoring is kind of important.

2) Don't bring up Katrina. Doesn't help the GOP.

The rest can be forgiven. I recognize that he had to follow Obama, which is an awfully hard act to follow; and he is only 37. According to the Washington Post he wrote the speech himself. I am willing to give him another chance to impress me in the future.

GOP better find a new great unwhite hope. Like 'nad said, Katrina isn't widely seen as a government failure so much as a Bush / GOP failure.

And do they really think ANYbody would vote for a guy who comes across as so condescending? I know it's being widely said, but you have to check out his elementary school teacher delivery (remember America, you're a bunch of children who need a politician to speak slowly to you):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFK8aTpYAmg"]YouTube - Republican Response to Pres. Obama Address to Congress[/ame]

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
I see the Al Jolson look has made a comeback. I wonder if he will sing Mammy someday. That would be nice.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he just compare our current economic crisis to WWI, The Great Depression, WWII, the Civil Rights struggle, The Cold War, and 9-11?