GTC's history of TK's splinter boards

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
GTC said:
Here's the short history of the hidden troll boards I know about. It's all from memory so I'll likely be a little off on the details.

Back in the spring of 2004 Coyote_Ugly and a few others created a board to be used as a proxy troll group for TK called the TK Infernal Garrison. Some members were Laker_Girl, FalconFire, and a few other long departed members I can't recall. The board never really took off and died a quick death.

On July 4th Coyote_Ugly opened a new board named The Infernal Garrison with co-admin Hannibal Lecter. Things were slow at first but by about September the board had picked up it's main future contributors Number_6, DarthSikle, RobL, and myself. Discussion mainly involved ExIsle and the ongoing fun at TK.

Around late September CU opened up a new section of the board called Sanctum Sectorum for only the most trustworthy members. The forum later became the staff forum but it was generally used to discuss important things we didn't want the membership to see and I found it useful as a place to bounce ideas off each other. By the end of the boards run almost half of the total forums posts took place there.
????: Troll Kingdom Troller's Gill Members...

At around this time Hannibal had suggested some structure changes to the board in the Sanctum. It was voted down because we figured we needed more members for it to work. About two weeks later I had made a similar proposal as a future plan for the board but CU decided to implement most of it right off the bat.

Sometime during early October I had found that the IG name actually belonged to a satanic group from the Ottawa area so a name change was in order. Eventually we had settled on Trollers Gill named after a landmark in the UK.

Trolling was an entertaining bit on the board. Although there was a lot of focus on ExIsle we did find time for at least one fun board a month to play in.

Around November we had picked up Peter_Octavian and made more changes to the board. Opening part of it up to guests. It was also when Number_6 and I became admins on the board. It made an interesting dynamic.

On December we made Peter a Capo (Global Mod) and got ourselves a new banner made by Peter. It was reminiscent of the old TK frontpage banner which was perfect for various reasons.

By January things had slowed down and out of the blue CU decided to close the board to the public. I archived the board as quickly as possible before the changes were made. The board was renamed to The Infernal Garrison and the url changed.

The hidden board only lasted a short time before we moved again to a new board and software.

Midnight Syndicate was possibly the shortest lived troll board I was a part of. Right off the bat CU, RobL, Number_6, and I bickered over issues at TK. Suddenly CU closed the board and an announcement about one of us being a spy or some such nonsense. It turns out that Cait had hacked the board and grabbed a bunch of the threads.

Sometime afterward Number_6 and I decided to create a new hidden board named Centre Ville with Number_6 as admin. We only had about six members but it was enough to keep the board going. The board died after PBM/Friday decided to be a drama queen about the evils of trolling or some such nonsense.

During the early winter of 2005 CU created one last IG. Focus was on ExIsle but it never went anywhere.

Moo!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
This is all bullshit. You should be ashamed of yourself.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Care to clarify?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
:::pisses all over thread:::