I want to smell dark matter
It's DISNEY TRAILER DAY I guess.

Rocket is so going to die.

CaptainWacky

Looks good.

CaptainWacky

Do people actually buy tickets a month in advance.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I just turn up on the day, I've never once not got in.

CaptainWacky

I used to go a week or two after release because I have austism but the cienam I go to has all luxury seating now so nobody's ever sitting too close to me. So I can go first weekend and it's never sold out.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I like to watch the movies in IMAX 3D but it's so expensive, I usually only watch the Marvel movies. Waited too long to see Quantumania in Imax 3D but it was still a good movie in standard screen.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The soundtrack is out by the way, if anyone was curious what songs are in the movie.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I haven't been to cinema since rise of Skywalker, mostly because of covid, but also because of how terrible that film was.
That was about the last one out before cinemas got closed. Did not go to it because of "The Last Jedi." First time I skipped a "Star Wars" film. And I suffered through the OT even after "Phantom Menace" because I was being anal.

CaptainWacky

The soundtrack is out by the way, if anyone was curious what songs are in the movie.

Can't believe the Spitting Image Chicken Song made it in.

CaptainWacky

Wednesday!?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Yeah, there are two showings tonight at every cinema in my town, I assume it's the same in every town in the UK.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Seen it, was good, moving, it has 2 scenes at the end, unfortunately one is right at the very end , although unless you are a big fan of watching someone eat cornflakes you can probably skip it if you need toilet.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Seen it, was good, moving, it has 2 scenes at the end, unfortunately one is right at the very end , although unless you are a big fan of watching someone eat cornflakes you can probably skip it if you need toilet.
Hoping to see it next week. Was going to see it yesterday but went to Free Comic Book Day instead and got 50 free comic books.

CaptainWacky

Saw it today, thought it really good, best comic book movie (why limit just to Marvel) in a long time. While I can enjoy fluff like Quantumania (to some extent) you can really see the difference between something like that and this on every level of the finished product. This was actually about something and had logical arcs for all the characters. There was actually artistry in how it looked. It even had good actions scenes (that corridor fight!) It wasn't just making a sequel because they need more content and sticking characters in front of unconvincing CGI backgrounds and having wacky stuff happen, relying on Pual Rudd's (considerable!) charm to make it work. James Gunn will be sorely missed (but I'll watch his DC movies too) and I hope they can find directors as good as him and although them to make movies in the circumstances that allowed this to exist.

I think it even beat the emotional highs of Vol. 2 with the Groot's (huge spolier) line at the end leading into the Florence and The Machine bit.

All the performances were strong and every character was served well. I liked this version of Gamora more than the previous one and really she should have been more like this in the first movie. I liked how she didn't end up back with Quill or even join the Guardianns (she's a different person!) The part where Drax started to bond with the children really got to me and I'll miss Dave Bautista in this role. Pom Klementieff was great and if any character returns in a future project I hope it's Mantis (as long as she's handled as well as Gunn handled her here.) Karen Gillan just gets better and better as Nebula and has really turned what could have been a one off villain into one of the best developed characters in the MCU. This is Rocket's movie though and his backstory scenes were absolutely perfect. I found Rocket a bit overdone in Guardians 2 but they could not have handled him better here. The payoff with him becoming the new leader felt well earned. Quill's story being about moving on from Gamora and facing his past worked well too and say what you want about Chris Pratt but he's pefect as the character. All the animal characters were adorable (even the ugly ones) and Cosmo is definitely a good dog.

Chukwudi Iwuji was excellcent as the High Evolutionary, I loved how uterally detestable he was. Because we actually see what he does to the animals it really makes him a more hatable villain than pretty much anyone in the MCU. The movie gets pretty dark and graphic at times but it never fells gratuitous: the scenes of HE having his face clawed by Rocket and Gamora peeling it off later feel completely deserved.

I guess my only compalint would be that Adam feels tacked on at times, like Gunn felt he had to include him after introducing the character in Vol. 2 but didn't really have an essential part for him. But Will Poulter was very good and I enjoyed the character's story fine so it's a small complaint.

Feige, you really have to find another Gunn. I think The Marvels looks like a fun romp but you need stuff with actual susbstance too wait you're not reading this sorry.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was moved several times all the way through, I loved the line you weren't born to be a destroyer, you were born to be a dad.

There was even a micronauts nod, with Gamora calling Mantis bug.