Gwyneth Paltrow

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Do people hate her? I keep reading how people don't like her, but I've never really thought about whether I like her or DESPISE her... she's just another actress person who hasn't been in many very good movies but has a big career anyway so I don't care one way or another GIRLFRIEDN.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think it's because of her (left wing) politics and the fact that she called her child "Apple".

She was good in the Iron Man movies.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I like her.

I think she's the kind of woman that many people don't like because she is attractive, talented, comes from money and celebrity, and is successful in her own endeavours. She seems to be a tad quirky in some respects but doesn't seem to have the problems of other young performers such as Lindsay Lohan and Winona Ryder.

She's just a few years too old to be young enough to be my daughter but if she were my daughter I'd be very proud of her.

One of the good things about getting older is you realize that someone else being nice, beautiful, talented, smart, successful, happy, etc., does not preclude you from having those same qualities. We really all can be beautiful, talented, smart, successful, happy, etc.

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
She's a pretty girl with a kid called apple; but for some reason she does annoy me. I think its because she doesn't really do anything, but somehow gets the glory...kinda like a weird version of paris hilton.

I think her parents are famous or some shit;, she liek the classy version of paris hilton.
I don't remember the last movie she did, or if she even did one I liked.

But she's a pretty girl with a kid named apple.

SuN

Do you think steve jobs paid her 60million to name her kid apple, kinda liek Tom Cruise paid to get a wife?

NB Extra question for double post sake kek

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
People trash on her because she's young, thin, blonde and sensitive, and she got the Oscar at a very young age. Also because she has kind of hippie thoughts about the world, and yes she named her kid Apple (OMIGOD BURN THE WITCH), but mostly because she started a hippie/better living website called GOOP that some people find ridiculous.

She was great in some roles, and she comes from good stock, so I don't mind her. She probably shouldn't have gotten an Oscar that year, but then Oscar always tends to nominate great performances, and then give the Oscar to the hot blonde.

SuN

Jog my memory on the oscar Eggs, google's 2 far away x

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Give someone a fish, he eats for a day.

Tell someone to go scratch, they learn to eat for life. ;)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Like most years, she got the oscar for the film "a lot of bad things happen, but in the end I rise above it, and its definately not sci fi"

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
She annoys the hell outta me for some reason, and although I enjoyed her in Shakespear in Love and Sliding Doors, I just don't like her. She's got a holier than thou attitude, and it has nothing to do with her politics or her baby naming skills.

SAUSAGEMAN

One of our readers emailed GOOP about “finding a good balance between having a career and being a mom,” which got me thinking about the other extremely busy working mothers I know and what their days might be like. I asked Juliet de Baubigny, a venture capitalist I met (it’s no wonder this woman is so freakin’ successful—spreadsheets for family packing … wow!), and fashion designer Stella McCartney to send in a day in their lives to see how they do the mothers’ special—everything all at once. I learned a lot and got some good tips from these ladies. And, because some of you have asked what one of my days looks like, I’ve included a random one of my more manic days from last November.

Love,
gp

SAUSAGEMAN

When I got downstairs this morning at the crack of whenever, the coffee machine said “ERROR 8” and wouldn’t let me make the cup I had been dreaming about. This begs the question: is it odd to dream yourself to sleep thinking about the next morning’s coffee? Not a good beginning. Got Apple all fed and dressed in her uniform and ready to go but no sign nor sight of Moses at 8 am and we have to be out of the house by 8:20. I went up to arouse the little man from slumber and he quite happily got up and crawled into my arms. We got downstairs and I made him a quick breakfast of eggs and toast followed by a spoonful of lemon flavored flax oil that I try to remember to give them both every morning. Getting everyone into the car on time was a challenge; we’re going through a phase where no one seems to be responding to me (“Time to put on your shoes” … No response.) It is the school Christmas toy drive deadline today so before jumping into the car, we pack up and finish decorating the shoe boxes with toys, toothbrushes, hats, scarves, books, etc, for the school Christmas toy drive. Once the kids really understand that the toys go to children around the world who will not be as fortunate as they are this year, they very sweetly take trips to the playroom adding their own toys and books to the boxes. Somehow managed to get to school just as the old-fashioned bell rang. Moses was a bit teary today so I hung around and watched him through the window. Periodically he would check to make sure I was still there. When all was well I dodged off as fast as possible but was still late to the 9 am workout. Did dance aerobics for 45 minutes then all of the butt lifts and the like. Rushed upstairs to have a shower, doing my post workout stretch while the conditioner was doing its magic on my hair to combine activities/save time. Dressed quickly and rushed downstairs. On a less manic day, this would be my couple of hours in the office to work on GOOP, come up with ideas, write/edit and go over scheduling, travel, whatever else I have going but I have no time so I just pop the old cabeza in to see if there are any deadlines or fires that need putting out. When I am given the all clear I rush out the door, headed to rehearse with a band to prepare for the Country Music Awards which are just a week away. I’ve never performed live before so I’m preparing for this as if it were the Superbowl, which, in it’s own way, it is. I’ve been having voice lessons with my teacher, Carrie Grant, every day and rehearsing with an amazing London-based band. This will be my fourth and shortest rehearsal of the week, as the day is so full, but I am excited to get in there and see everyone. Had to do my vocal exercises/warmups in the car, sooo not a good look. Fellow drivers looked on a bit bewildered. Rehearsed with the band from 11:30 to 12:30 and then scooted back out to the car and had kind of a big interview on the phone while trying to subtly check/reply to well-overdue email. Got home and had a fitting with super stylist Elizabeth Saltzman for the upcoming Nashville trip (what to wear, what to wear?) from 1-2. This is my 4th out of 5 fittings for this trip. We tried on a myriad of dresses and outfits, and I had b.o. by the end of it from wrestling with all of those dresses. I have six looks I need to choose for the trip; there’s the radio press conference upon arrival, the red carpet for the Country Strong premier, press interviews, a Sony Music VIP dinner, the red carpet for the CMA’s and the outfit for my performance! We manage to finalize all of the looks for the (very nerve wracking) trip. At 2 pm I head into my office with a nice cup of tea for two hours of phone interviews. I am doing lots of these this week, but today’s session is only two hours. I call country radio station after country radio station speaking to some of the nicest and friendliest DJ’s on the planet. Thursday is the one day of the week that I do not pick my kids up after school. They go straight to an activity and I am able to really maximize work stuff. I always feel a bit guilty (obviously) about it, but it means I can focus fully on them when they get home instead of trying to do two things at once. At 4pm, my weekly owners' and managers' call takes place for the Tracy Anderson Method with our brilliant CEO Stephanie Stahl taking the lead. I basically listen and try to learn. Kiddies burst through the door and play in my office while I finish up, just drawing and hanging out and of course playing Plants vs Zombies on the iPad, their obsession that I have to limit like crazy! What up, gamers. Then downstairs to make cupcakes for tomorrow’s bake sale. It is ‘Bonfire night’ in the UK tomorrow and the bake sale is to celebrate and to raise money for charity. We decide on vanilla cupcakes with pink icing and green icing (from Tate’s Bakeshop cookbook with the icing from American Desserts cookbook). At 6:30 pm we all get in the bath and it’s hair washing night for the kids (every other night—never popular). Then back downstairs to check on cupcakes and have a visit from an auntie and uncle. The kids indulge in a super sugary cupcake before bed but I don’t feel too bad because they had a brown rice stir fry for dinner with baked sweet potato on the side. It’s all about balance! My night to lay with Mosey so I tuck Apple in, say a prayer and go into Mosey's room for a story, foot massage and quiet time. As soon as all was quiet, I rushed downstairs to grab a blazer and some blush and flung myself in the car for girls night. Lovely dinner and great conversation. 11:29 pm now, exhausted and ready to do it all again tomorrow!

SAUSAGEMAN

tl;dr

People hate her because she describes a day in which she has to do a 45 minute butt workout, post workout streches, and try on a bunch of outfits as "manic", without a trace of irony.

(This is her fourth of five fittings for this trip.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Ok, so she's a bit annoying, but she's also practically invisible these days. The Iron Man movies are the only recent ones I can remember seeing her in. Can't really hate someone I barely remember exists.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
She's spankable.

As for attitude, those can be changed.

Someone deliver her to me in restraints (and a gag) and I'll see what I can do.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
I have not problem whatsoever with her having fame, fortune, a holier-than-thou attitude, a bad taste when it comes to names, a really stupoid website, bony shoulders, or anything else one might mention.

I simply loathe her because she has slept with Brad Pitt and I haven't.

Seph

Retired Account
I have not problem whatsoever with her having fame, fortune, a holier-than-thou attitude, a bad taste when it comes to names, a really stupoid website, bony shoulders, or anything else one might mention.

I simply loathe her because she has slept with Brad Pitt and I haven't.

33.imgcache.jpg