Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has a movie ever made you cry?

I would never ever admit this in a forum where people might make fun, but one time late at night I watched a tv movie about this dying mother who is trying to adopt out all her kids before she dies, and she finds homes for all but just one who has seizures or something. The main part of the movie is about her scrapping to find this kid a decent home in between interviewing parents for her other kids, so he won't end up in the big state orphanage. I can't remember the name of the movie, but it was so sad I was crying like a little bitch at the end of it, probably because it was four in the morning.

"The English Patient" had my tearing up (as an adult). Maybe it's because I could identify with the male lead...and why he forgot/rejected his own name, and the desperation for him to try to save his love...
Maybe I am still a "Sensitive, 90's kind of guy".

Hand me my whip, I've got to get my reputation back....

"Old Yeller" and "Where the Red Fern Grows" both had me bawling as a kid.

I'm with mm, if it's the right time of the month I'll cry over anything. Hell last night I cried over an episode of the Cosby Show!

The movie that makes me cry every single time is Steel Magnolias. The water works start when Malyn goes to pick up her grandson Jack just after her daughter dies and it gets into downright sobbing when, at the cemetary Malyn screams, "I'M FINE! I'M FIIIIIIINE! I COULD JOG TO TEXAS AND BACK BUT MY DAUGHTER CAN'T! SHE NEVER COULD! HOW IS THAT LITTLE BOY EVER GOING TO KNOW HOW WONDERFUL HIS MOTHER WAS?! etc..." God, I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about that scene.

Yeah, War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise made me cry. What a waste of money that turkey was!

The aliens were much more believable in Scary Movie 4. So was the actor playing Cruise!

-Ogami

Someone flew over the cuckoo's nest.
I still get weepy when I watch it
icon_cry.gif

Where the Red Fern grows definitely, Return of the King got to me as well....The Notebook made me bawl like a little bitch too. There's a few more, but I can't remember right now.

Armageddon makes me cry every time.

There's some others but I can't think of them at the moment and it's been a crappy day today.

RommieSG said:
Moulin Rouge. Especially the ending.

As she lay dying, coughing, dying, coughing *hack*, all I could think of is, don't they realize that her "consumption" is TB, and in those days it was a death sentence?! She's coughing all over them, they all lean in real close, and she's giving them all a death sentence?

^LoL. That's too funny.

Field of Dreams can make me a bit misty eyed, and so can Braveheart. But for me, it's more about the music playing rather than the actual scene. The music at the end where Mel Gibson is waiting to die, and then Miran shows up, and the music that accompanies it...well, it's a very powerful scene.