Hawkeye

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I liked that Clint's wife is actually helpful and not just there to be reminding him to make it home for Christmas. It was mostly a set up episode and hopefully the final two episdoes will deliver a satisfying conclusion.

I kind of hope Jack is just a cool guy who likes swords.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It does seem like the mother is the evil one, saying stuff to Clint about Natasha to hurt him.

And he really does seem like he's trying to bond with Kate.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's really weird that Kate's mom won't ever talk to her alone. JACK IS CREEPY.

SAUSAGEMAN

I liked that Clint's wife is actually helpful and not just there to be reminding him to make it home for Christmas. It was mostly a set up episode and hopefully the final two episdoes will deliver a satisfying conclusion.

I kind of hope Jack is just a cool guy who likes swords.
It'd be so easy for the show to have us resent her by having her be the voice of obligation or whatever, trying to get Clint away from his obligations and instead we get to enjoy Clint and her interacting!

whisky

Boobie inspector
It's nice to watch a show where the stakes aren't the end of the world, or the fate of the universe.

With car flips, stunts, disguises, it kind of feels a bit like the A team, or some other 80s show where the hero helps out a local against a gang of tough guys.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Not a duff episode in the whole lot, don't let me down finale.

CaptainWacky

Hailee Steinfeld and Florence Pugh acting together is a good time.

I wish they'd said the word "Fisk" at the end because I'm pretty sure they never actually called him "Kingpin" in the Netflix series and that photo was kind of had to make out!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I guess you guys were right and Kate's mom is EVIL. I still don't get the Jack thing, though.

I guess the big guy was Ronin. lol

OH, and also is Kingpin Vincent D'Onofrio?

CaptainWacky

Jack seemed remarkably fine with his wife calling the cops on him, so I imagine they're working together and she'll get him him out.

CaptainWacky

But she's fun!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Great final episode, major trolling with the after credit scene though.

CaptainWacky

It was good and I enjoyed the whole series, definitely the best Clint has ever been in the MCU.

I did think the Clint/Yelena bit could have been better. I mean it was well acted and everything it just felt like she should have asked him all this stuff before trying to shoot him in the face earlier in the episode. I liked that Jack is a good guy but the whole story with him and Eleanor felt a bit unifished. And I guess Kate's dad really did just die in the alien attack despite the suspicous way the scene played out first time?

All the arrows were fun and the owl.

Kingpin certainly felt different here than in Daredevil but it's a totally different tone so that's fine. And he obviously isn't dead.

That Steinfeld/Pugh chemistry is absolutely sizzling and tumblr's collective ovaries must have exploded. I guess Laura Barton is Mockingbird and they never actually used that name for Bobbie Morse in Agents of SHIELD so it's still canon to me.

I'm glad they're training viewers not to expect the post credit scene to be more important than the episode itself.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I hope there will be another season! Or something for Kate to do.

I thought the Kingpin stuff was kind of a waste, but I guess they needed a super bad guy. I hope Jack joins the LARPers.

CaptainWacky

I'm sure we'll see more of Kingpin and hopefully he'll get to have a bit more depth like in Daredevil. I kind of suspect that all the stuff with him was added at the last minute in reshoots or something and that's why the stuff with Kate's mum ended up feeling underwhelming.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wonder what happened to the tiny bros.