Heath Ledger committed suicide

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Enough time has passed to call it like it is. He was depressed and disturbed and smart enough to make it look like an accident, but nobody with an IQ great than a potato (e.g. the Smiths) takes that much prescription medication at once (like 7 different kinds of central nervous system depressants or something) and expects to wake up.

He took the easy way out, and should never have gotten an Oscar for it. Sends a real good message to others.

I got more than enough meds here to go to bed and not wake up, and if I do, you can bet your ass it was no accident, cause you'd have to be an idiot - between the warning labels, the doctors warnings, the pharmacists warnings, the new stories - he killed himself. The end.

Now, suicide is a sad thing worthy of discussion, but that discussion starts by calling it for what it is.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Meh, maybe he committed suicide maybe he didn't. There is no way for you, I or anyone else to know for sure. Just because he necked a bunch of pills and OD'd doesn't automatically make it a suicide. If he had built up a dependency to sleeping pills + whatever else he was taking then he could of quite realisticly thought he knew how much he could handle and got it wrong.

He took the easy way out, and should never have gotten an Oscar for it.

I was under the mistaken assumption that he was given the Oscar because he turned in far and away the best performance that year as the Joker. Yeah, yeah, dying so young and all that jazz must have had an influence but who cares. They wouldn't have been able to give him the posthumous award if it was obvious that he had only turned in a mediocre performance. Frankly I don't understand why dying accidentally or committing suicide would change the perception of whether he deserved an ACTING award. But that's me.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
I act like a dumbshit and a moron all the time and I don't get NOTHIN'!

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
You honestly believe they'd have given him best actor for Batman Returns, when they didn't even give it to Depp for Pirates of the Caribbean? He got it because he died.

Did he deserve it, probably, but so do a lot of other people that get passed up. That's another, separate issue.

whisky

Boobie inspector
When your sober you know its a bad idea to drink a full bottle of jack daniels, when you are half way through it seems like a good idea.

Some pills can make you feel pretty out of it too.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
You honestly believe they'd have given him best actor for Batman Returns, when they didn't even give it to Depp for Pirates of the Caribbean? He got it because he died.

True. But it was deserved. Anyway, fuck the Oscars. I haven't paid the blindest bit of attention to them since RoTS was passed up for a best SFX nomination.

Robert "Monkey" Loggia

Mongoloid Biscuit Beast
What won that year instead

whisky

Boobie inspector
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

The other nominees where: Poseidon and Superman Returns

Donovan

beer, I want beer
People accidentally overdosing on drugs is nothing new, and undeserved oscars are also old news. Lots of people get posthumous awards or artificial elevation to sainthood; look at Michael Jackson, people were busy murdering that guy daily before he accidentally died, and he went from Pedo to St. Mike that damn quick. People like tragic heroes, what can ya do?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
He took the easy way out, and should never have gotten an Oscar for it. Sends a real good message to others.
He didn't exactly get it for his RL death scene, did he? He did get it for a really, really good performance, one that gave the Batman franchise a very real, very convincing baddie for once.

I got more than enough meds here to go to bed and not wake up,
Damn, Hambil, don't make it *that* easy for your haters to get a personal jab in.

cause you'd have to be an idiot - between the warning labels, the doctors warnings, the pharmacists warnings, the new stories - he killed himself. The end.
I'd like to refer you to the annual Darwin Awards for proof of just how idiotic people can be.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?

Did he deserve it, probably, but so do a lot of other people that get passed up. That's another, separate issue.

If you don't think that the Academy Awards are as corrupt as the government then I don't think this is the real hambil posting here.

HE would have spotted that.

Lt. Frank Drebin: Now, Jane, what can you tell us about the man you saw last night?
Jane Spencer: He's Caucasian.
Ed Hocken: Caucasian?
Jane Spencer: Yeah, you know, a white guy. A moustache. About six-foot-three.
Lt. Frank Drebin: Awfully big moustache.

55.jpg