Heroes: Origins dead (plus devious strikes and pens)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
How LONG is the strike? Because if it's only 4 days or something then it won't be too bad.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
That's why people are raising a stink about it...it could last days, but more likely it will last weeks/months. Some shows may have shorter seasons this year, some films will be delayed, and don't look for a glut of interesting, well-developed new shows next fall.

The worst thing would be if serialized shows like Heroes, Lost etc. don't get proper season endings or cliffhangers.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Appartently they have wrote all but two episodes of lost, but which two, if its the cliffhanger thats a bugger, if they wrote that first, then padded out the rest of the season, not so bad.

CaptainWacky

I'd happily be a scab for the Lost producers. They can use any of the Lost parodies I've posted over the years!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I read in today's paper that the last writers strike was in 1988 (I think) and that the studios or production companies (whatever!) lost about $500 million.. so if they go on strike now, I'm sure the loss of income will be a lot higher than it was 20yrs ago. This proves that the writers are not just a little important, and they should be paid. The internet and DVDs have changed the way things work, and the writers should be compensated fairly, IMO!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG I just realized The Daily Show and Colbert Report will be on NOTICE until the strike is over.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
He didn't make it onto the Democratic ballot, so I think his run is over. SC is returning his $2500 check.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The '88 strike was responsible for TNG's awful season 2 clip show finale "Shades of Gray" and iirc, it's also one of the excuses for TFF being so crap.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Cassie said:
I read in today's paper that the last writers strike was in 1988 (I think) and that the studios or production companies (whatever!) lost about $500 million.. so if they go on strike now, I'm sure the loss of income will be a lot higher than it was 20yrs ago. This proves that the writers are not just a little important, and they should be paid. The internet and DVDs have changed the way things work, and the writers should be compensated fairly, IMO!

I'm sure your right, but I just have a hard time feeling bad for them.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't feel bad for them I feel bad for ME!

CaptainWacky

The '88 strike was also why we got that episode where Deanna had an alien baby.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Then why was it white?

Anyway, I liked that one. It was a bit implausible since the crew weren't as bothered by a super fast growing baby as they should have been, but it was still nicely done. Deanna was Mary, Riker was Joseph. Data, Geordi and Worf were the three wise men from deck 1.

CaptainWacky

Worf wanted to abort it. :)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
That was Worf's answer to everything!

CaptainWacky

Well, there was already that horrible rumour about the last ten of BSG being delayed until 2009...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Last night they did a sketch on SNL about the strike. Apparently studio heads get $20 million a year, and writers get about $200,000. DVDs only cost about 60 cents to make and sell for $29 SO THE WRITERS WANT THEIR CUT GODDAMMIT.