Heroes really sucked last night!!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Well, I've tried to stick with Heroes, because I'm nothing if not loyal. I can take some corny dialogue from time to time. I can take characters who sometimes behave totally out of character once in a while. But the fucking thing that drives me up a wall is LAZY WRITING!! Fuck, I can't remember everything that was wrong with last night's ep, but here are a few lowlights:

-All of the main characters survive a horrific plane crash, and none of them have a scratch on them. WTF? The fucking plane was in pieces, with a crater the size of a an Olympic swimming pool, and everyone just walks away? Not to mention the fact that THEY WERE ALL FUCKING STRAPPED INTO THEIR SEATS. Did Peter or Mohinder free everyone off-camera?

-Parkman, Hiro, and Suresh jump down into a gully, and evade the highly-trained tactical squad BY HIDING AGAINST THE WALL OF THE RAVINE. Again, WTF? Like the soldiers wouldn't LOOK DOWN? Why not use this part to have Parkman "push" the soldier to see an empty ravine?

-Noah Bennett is once again a "bad guy". The writers can continue to use the excuse that he's trying to protect Claire, but this fucking guy flip-flops more than John Kerry at a waffle convention.

-"I don't even know who you are any more. Either of you". Oh good lord, really? This is some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard!

-Sylar defeats the soldiers, captures one, AND TAKES HIM TO THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR!! He's then able to torture the guy at his lesuire, until the kid & his mom get home. Really? There are cops all over the fucking place, and they A)Don't hear the soldier being tortured and B) Don't canvas the neighborhood, going door-to-door to get info? Not to mention the fact that Petrelli's goon squad was able to get to the plane mere moments after it crashed, they can't get to Sylar's site hours after he's dis[patched the soldiers??

-Peter convinces Traci to stand and fight with him, but when they're about to be captured, he absorbs Nathan's powers and flies away, leaving her to be captured and possibly tortured? Wow, what a "hero". No wonder he doesn't give a second thought to the chick he stranded in the future!!

Speaking of which...here's my biggest complaint about the lazy writing...major storylines are abandoned without any explanation just because they don't work. WTF happened to the Irish girl Peter trapped in the future? Where is Micah? His cousin who was a super-mimic? Where is Lyle, Claire's brother? When Claire decides to stay at home, her mom says, "the house would be empty without you". I guess her bro is chopped liver?

I know I'm getting worked up over a tv show, but it angers me because season one was very good. Now, it's just rubbish. The writing is lazy, there seems to be no direction or arc to the storyline, and characters change back and forth at a whim. Meh. It's doubtful that I'll watch the rest of the season, it's not worth my time.

Agree? Disagree??

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I didn't hate the episode, probably because I can zone out on the silly parts and not think about them. The first season was exciting, and it rocked. Last season sucked really badly, so I had lowered expectations for this season. So far this season is a little better than the last, so I'm still hopeful that they can pull it off.

The best thing on Heroes right now is Sylar's storyline, imo. I've hated his story from the beginning almost.. When Mohinder let him live, when he should have killed him pissed me off. Now, at least, he has a mission, and a sidekick!

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Well, I've tried to stick with Heroes, because I'm nothing if not loyal. I can take some corny dialogue from time to time. I can take characters who sometimes behave totally out of character once in a while. But the fucking thing that drives me up a wall is LAZY WRITING!! Fuck, I can't remember everything that was wrong with last night's ep, but here are a few lowlights:

-All of the main characters survive a horrific plane crash, and none of them have a scratch on them. WTF? The fucking plane was in pieces, with a crater the size of a an Olympic swimming pool, and everyone just walks away? Not to mention the fact that THEY WERE ALL FUCKING STRAPPED INTO THEIR SEATS. Did Peter or Mohinder free everyone off-camera?

-Parkman, Hiro, and Suresh jump down into a gully, and evade the highly-trained tactical squad BY HIDING AGAINST THE WALL OF THE RAVINE. Again, WTF? Like the soldiers wouldn't LOOK DOWN? Why not use this part to have Parkman "push" the soldier to see an empty ravine?

-Noah Bennett is once again a "bad guy". The writers can continue to use the excuse that he's trying to protect Claire, but this fucking guy flip-flops more than John Kerry at a waffle convention.

-"I don't even know who you are any more. Either of you". Oh good lord, really? This is some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard!

-Sylar defeats the soldiers, captures one, AND TAKES HIM TO THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR!! He's then able to torture the guy at his lesuire, until the kid & his mom get home. Really? There are cops all over the fucking place, and they A)Don't hear the soldier being tortured and B) Don't canvas the neighborhood, going door-to-door to get info? Not to mention the fact that Petrelli's goon squad was able to get to the plane mere moments after it crashed, they can't get to Sylar's site hours after he's dis[patched the soldiers??

-Peter convinces Traci to stand and fight with him, but when they're about to be captured, he absorbs Nathan's powers and flies away, leaving her to be captured and possibly tortured? Wow, what a "hero". No wonder he doesn't give a second thought to the chick he stranded in the future!!

Speaking of which...here's my biggest complaint about the lazy writing...major storylines are abandoned without any explanation just because they don't work. WTF happened to the Irish girl Peter trapped in the future? Where is Micah? His cousin who was a super-mimic? Where is Lyle, Claire's brother? When Claire decides to stay at home, her mom says, "the house would be empty without you". I guess her bro is chopped liver?

I know I'm getting worked up over a tv show, but it angers me because season one was very good. Now, it's just rubbish. The writing is lazy, there seems to be no direction or arc to the storyline, and characters change back and forth at a whim. Meh. It's doubtful that I'll watch the rest of the season, it's not worth my time.

Agree? Disagree??

Email this to the show.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
So it still sucks then?

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Who the fuck watches 'Heroes'? That show is for losers. The ONLY thing I could possibly think of that would be worthy about the show is THIS:

hayden-panettiere-1152x864-27800.jpg

Big Dick McGee

^^She was like sixteen when those photos were taken, you paedophile.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
^^She was like sixteen when those photos were taken, you paedophile.

Truly, you don't say? So, that's why the magazine the picture ended up in has not been sued for paedophilia, no? Besides, who gives a shit if she is 16 or not? She looks hot, and please do not attempt to tell me you do not believe so, for I would merrily, and quite confidently, call BULLSHIT. You would fuck her as she is there in a heartbeat. You know it. I know it. We all know it.

Big Dick McGee

1188994406433346a87dgi3.jpg

CaptainWacky

The real Luci never did image postings like that.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Last night's episode was just your adverage episode of Heroes - a bunch of stuff happens, none of which is really that interesting or makes a lot of sense. The characters are all really annoying. The writers try and come up with another bullshit exue to make Peter less powerful. Blah blah blah blah blah.

And Hayden Panettiere couldn't be more overrated.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Last night's episode was just your adverage episode of Heroes - a bunch of stuff happens, none of which is really that interesting or makes a lot of sense. The characters are all really annoying. The writers try and come up with another bullshit exue to make Peter less powerful. Blah blah blah blah blah.

And Hayden Panettiere couldn't be more overrated.

Yet, I know you would fuck her in a heartbeat. Please do not attempt to state otherwise. I do not accept bullshit.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
lol

CaptainWacky

I'd fuck her in a heart attack.

Ishcabittle

the real luci had his font choices down better, too.

CaptainWacky

I respected the real Luci as a peer.