Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, Luuuucy, I'm Hoooome!

Ishcabittle said:
Name 10. You won't and/or can't.

Scottish Inventions

1) Adhesive Postage Stamp
2) Anaesthetics
3) Artificial Diamonds
4) Reaping Machine
5) Bank of England
6) Latent Heat
7) Brownian Movement
8) Buicks
9) Chemical Bonds
10) Penicillin
11) The Decimal Point
12) Documentary Films
13) Encylopedia Britannica
14) Fax Machines
15) First Cloned Mammal
16) Flailing Machines
17) Geosciences
18) Golf
19) Historical Novels
20) Hypodermic Syringes
21) Kelvin Scale
22) Percussion Powder
23) Logarithms
24) Maxwell's Equations
25) Marmalade
26) Microwave Ovens
27) Colloid Chemistry
28) Breech-loading Rifle
29) Tubular Steel
30) Quinine
31) Sociology
32) Tires
33) Hollow Pipe Drainage
34) Radar
35) Peter Pan
36) Paleobiology
37) Polarization
38) Cure for Scurvy
39) Hallowe'en
40) Refrigerators
41) Neptune
42) Bakelite
43) Iron Bridges
44) Steam Engine
45) Telephones
46) Thermos
47) Telegraph
48) Television
49) Stereotype
50) Sulphuric Acid
51) Steam-hammer
52) Paraffin
53) Sherlock Holmes
54) Long John Silver
55) Jekyll and Hyde
56) Auld Lang Syne
57) Whiskey
58) US Navy
59) Chilean Navy
60) Economics
61) Cloud Chamber

Oopsy. You wanted only 10.

Messenger said:
Break out with some Gaelic, homeboy.

Sugh mo bhod blaigeard. Sput a-mach e! Rach thu agus a' sgaoil am leathar de bhur paithar. Bheir mi araon de do shùilean as na 'n Nach eil deoghaill anns mò ball. Tha an h-a-mhàin deoc cò bod nas-fheàrr na bò mhair bò bhràmair.

Thank you.

SaintLucifer said:
Scottish Inventions

1) Adhesive Postage Stamp
2) Anaesthetics
3) Artificial Diamonds
4) Reaping Machine
5) Bank of England
6) Latent Heat
7) Brownian Movement
8) Buicks
9) Chemical Bonds
10) Penicillin
11) The Decimal Point
12) Documentary Films
13) Encylopedia Britannica
14) Fax Machines
15) First Cloned Mammal
16) Flailing Machines
17) Geosciences
18) Golf
19) Historical Novels
20) Hypodermic Syringes
21) Kelvin Scale
22) Percussion Powder
23) Logarithms
24) Maxwell's Equations
25) Marmalade
26) Microwave Ovens
27) Colloid Chemistry
28) Breech-loading Rifle
29) Tubular Steel
30) Quinine
31) Sociology
32) Tires
33) Hollow Pipe Drainage
34) Radar
35) Peter Pan
36) Paleobiology
37) Polarization
38) Cure for Scurvy
39) Hallowe'en
40) Refrigerators
41) Neptune
42) Bakelite
43) Iron Bridges
44) Steam Engine
45) Telephones
46) Thermos
47) Telegraph
48) Television
49) Stereotype
50) Sulphuric Acid
51) Steam-hammer
52) Paraffin
53) Sherlock Holmes
54) Long John Silver
55) Jekyll and Hyde
56) Auld Lang Syne
57) Whiskey
58) US Navy
59) Chilean Navy
60) Economics
61) Cloud Chamber

Oopsy. You wanted only 10.

Alright, I'll give you Golf. But the US Navy? Economics? Sulphuric Acid?

Television?

The credit as to who was the inventor of modern television really comes down to two different people in two different places both working on the same problem at about the same time: Vladimir Kosma Zworykin, a Russian-born American inventor working for Westinghouse, and Philo Taylor Farnsworth, a privately backed farm boy from the state of Utah.

http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae408.cfm

I could be bothered to call you out on the rest of your bullshit, but I think most people can smell it through the ether.

Ishcabittle said:

Television?

I could be bothered to call you out on the rest of your bullshit, but I think most people can smell it through the ether.

US Navy
Founded by John Paul Jones, a Scotsman. Read about his exploits in any US history book.

Television
A photo-mechanical device invented by John Logie Baird in 1922. He set up the first practical television system in the world in 1929, in Britain. In 1935 Baird worked with the German company, Fernseh, to start the world's first 3-day per week television service.
In 1908, another Scot, Alan Campbell-Swinton, outlined the use of the cathode-ray tube for transmission and reception that is used in modern television. This method replaced Baird's in the 1930's.

Economics
Adam Smith, author of the book "The Wealth of Nations" was a Scot. This book is the first study and analysis of how commerce and free trade create the wealth of a country. He is buried in Greyfriars churchyard, near Edinburgh Castle.

Sulphuric Acid
John Roebuck of Prestonpans, near Edinburgh, invented the lead chamber process for the distillation of sulphuric acid. Sulphuric acid is of central importance in the manufacture of many other chemicals and in metal refining.

I thank you for your attention and thereby rest my case. You are free to apologise at any time.

SaintLucifer said:
US Navy
Founded by John Paul Jones, a Scotsman. Read about his exploits in any US history book.

Television
A photo-mechanical device invented by John Logie Baird in 1922. He set up the first practical television system in the world in 1929, in Britain. In 1935 Baird worked with the German company, Fernseh, to start the world's first 3-day per week television service.
In 1908, another Scot, Alan Campbell-Swinton, outlined the use of the cathode-ray tube for transmission and reception that is used in modern television. This method replaced Baird's in the 1930's.

Economics
Adam Smith, author of the book "The Wealth of Nations" was a Scot. This book is the first study and analysis of how commerce and free trade create the wealth of a country. He is buried in Greyfriars churchyard, near Edinburgh Castle.

Sulphuric Acid
John Roebuck of Prestonpans, near Edinburgh, invented the lead chamber process for the distillation of sulphuric acid. Sulphuric acid is of central importance in the manufacture of many other chemicals and in metal refining.

I thank you for your attention and thereby rest my case. You are free to apologise at any time.

Notice how he left out the part where I proved him wrong?

Ishcabittle said:
Notice how he left out the part where I proved him wrong?

You mean the American site??? Let me get this straight. I listed my information so it must be incorrect. You listed a US site so it must be correct. I see. That is how it works. Typical American arrogance. So according to you the information I posted is incorrect??? Hmm. Tell you what, if this will make you feel worthy of existence then so be it. Oh yes, you are soooooooo right. Feel better now dear child? I absolutely promise never to post information that proves you incorrect and succeeds in making you look the flaming idiot that you are. I cannot have you threatening to commit suicide.

Ishcabittle said:

Television?

Another player of the times was John Logie Baird, a Scottish engineer and entrepreneur who 'achieved his first transmissions of simple face shapes in 1924 using mechanical television. On March 25, 1925, Baird held his first public demonstration of 'television' at the London department store Selfridges on Oxford Street in London. In this demonstration, he had not yet obtained adequate half-tones in the moving pictures, and only silhouettes were visible.' - MZTV

That is from your site. Notice the dates. Baird was the earliest. You were saying... ?

Zworykin is usually credited as being the father of modern television. This was because the patent for the heart of the TV, the electron scanning tube, was first applied for by Zworykin in 1923, under the name of an iconoscope. The iconoscope was an electronic image scanner - essentially a primitive television camera. Farnsworth was the first of the two inventors to successfully demonstrate the transmission of television signals, which he did on September 7, 1927, using a scanning tube of his own design. Farnsworth received a patent for his electron scanning tube in 1930. Zworykin was not able to duplicate Farnsworth’s achievements until 1934 and his patent for a scanning tube was not issued until 1938. The truth of the matter is this, that while Zworykin applied for the patent for his iconoscope in 1923, the invention was not functional until some years later and all earlier efforts were of such poor quality that Westinghouse officials ordered him to work on something “more useful.”

1923 - The russian applies for a patent.

Another player of the times was John Logie Baird, a Scottish engineer and entrepreneur who 'achieved his first transmissions of simple face shapes in 1924 using mechanical television. On March 25, 1925, Baird held his first public demonstration of 'television' at the London department store Selfridges on Oxford Street in London. In this demonstration, he had not yet obtained adequate half-tones in the moving pictures, and only silhouettes were visible.' - MZTV

1925 - A scot, who didn't get an actual picture.

“Zworykin had a patent, but Farnsworth had a picture…”

No mention of the Scot at this point.

With patent priority status ruled in favor of Farnsworth, RCA for the first time in its history, began paying royalties for television in 1939.

If the Scot invented it, why was he never paid for it? You were saying?

FULL SMOTE BITCHES!!!

DK.jpg
DK.jpg
DK.jpg

DK.jpg
DK.jpg
DK.jpg

DK.jpg
DK.jpg
DK.jpg

DK.jpg
DK.jpg
DK.jpg

DK.jpg
DK.jpg
DK.jpg

OUCH!
For ezine discussion and feedback. i am going to start...
by SamhainP8 Today 11:20 PM 85 1,323
Questions, Suggestions, and so on...
Yet another forum exclusively for bitching and moaning. Life is good. Oh, and ask yer questions, too... Two much asked for features...
by SamhainP8 Today 11:26 PM 2,123 39,535
Troll Kingdom Tradition
Speak Freely (2 Viewing)
The Title says it all... Say whatever you want (just keep it legal!).
No Topic Is Too Controversial! Admins Gaining Access To...
by SamhainP8 Today 11:26 PM 8,196 154,030
The Tea Room (2 Viewing)
Hot tea and warm cookies served out front....booze, gambling and other assorted vices in the back room, along with TKarma whoring of all kind. Pre-Spring Wet Men Thread
by SamhainP8 Today 11:20 PM 1,313 40,488
Sardy's Paranormal Playground
Formerly "Blame Sardy" - And not just paranormal - A collection of the most wacked out conspiracy theories and high strangeness from the 'Net and beyond..! Wacky conspiracies
by SamhainP8 Today 11:20 PM 89 958
The Godforsaken Hell Holes (1 Viewing)
Back by popular demand!
Share your horror stories and experiences from other, less open-minded BBS's... Post here if you have NOT...
by SamhainP8 Today 11:21 PM 2,846 75,823
The Skinofevil National Monument (2 Viewing)
Maintained by the TK Historical Society. Skinofevil slept here. Let's Teach Skin A Fucking...
by SamhainP8 Today 11:21 PM 324 4,525
The Bizarre Bazaar
Hambil Nation (1 Viewing)
Half hamster, half gerbil, all opinions. Rants, raves, and occasional sanity from the lunatic left. Katrina evacuees living on a...
by SamhainP8 Today 11:21 PM 706 11,297
Right Thinking with Number_6
Not for fags and hippies Anything you want to know?
by SamhainP8 Today 11:21 PM 712 16,598
TK Writer's Workshop
If you are a Writer, from pro to aspiring, be sure to join Sardy's writers' group! Share your work, advice and experiences with others and hone your pen into a double-edged sword... This forum had better not be...
by SamhainP8 Today 11:21 PM 42 389
Happiness Is A Warm Gun (1 Viewing)
Celebrating The One Freedom That Protects All Others Why are Glock's so...
by SamhainP8 Today 11:21 PM 49 655
TK Media Center
A Multi-Media Center to Relax and Discuss Television, Film, Comics, Literature, Games, and Music to Your Trollish Heart's Content New Doctor Who.
by SamhainP8 Today 11:22 PM 1,348 15,199
The Digital Abyss
Games, Websites, and Technical Advice. Now includes the TK Trading Post. It's One Thing...
by SamhainP8 Today 11:22 PM 408 4,176
The Eddie "Latino Heat" Guerrero Memorial Wrestling Forum
What? What? Can you smell what TK is cookin'? Discuss the WWE in all its sweaty glory!!! Another ECW PPV Gets Go-Ahead
by SamhainP8 Today 11:22 PM 340 3,174
Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here...
The Mine Field (1 Viewing)
Shark infested waters where few TKers dare to venture. CHARLATANS!
by SamhainP8 Today 11:22 PM 13,895 142,701
The Skanlands
Sekret Skan Headquarters
The home for TK invasions, personal pissing matches, and photos you don't want your mom to see. BATFAN!
by SamhainP8 Today 11:.25 PM 3,968 75,609
The TK Day Care Center For the Feeble Minded
A forum for our less fortunate friends. Post priviledges plz
by SamhainP8 Today 11:22 PM 3,297 25,666

Ishcabittle said:
1923 - The russian applies for a patent.

1925 - A scot, who didn't get an actual picture.

No mention of the Scot at this point.

If the Scot invented it, why was he never paid for it? You were saying?

Actually he did get picture. Try learning to read. It was not the type you would find in a cathode-ray tube as discovered by a Scotsman in 1908.
The Scot was never paid for it because he never applied for a patent. It worked on slightly different principles from today's television. Others had used his technology and bettered it before he had a chance to perfect it for patent reasons. Much like the Japanese who never invented the automobile have been building better cars than the Americans since Day One.

http://www.picfury.com/4/Ishcabittle-1.html

Originally Posted by SaintLucifer
"Then why read it you MORON???"

Originally Posted by SaintLucifer
"Ah, the tried-and-true defence of name-calling when one has been made to look the fool. Simple diversionary tactic. Old as Rome."

:roll: Oh, Luci! It is so sad when someone has to eat his own words. Dare I call you "fool" now? Tsk, tsk, tsk. And you were doing so well too! Heartbreaking, when you think about it? But, I try never to think about it.

Enkephalen said:
Oh for crying in the rain, this has degenerated into a "whose third leg is bigger" contest.

How many Vietnamese, Iraquis and various other invitees can dance on the head of a retarded pretend devil-worshipper's mighty-mini-schlong?

This is a burning question. Fortunately for Lucy, they make this ointment to get rid of it...