How do people work alone?

whisky

Boobie inspector
My mate has been on holiday for one morning so far, and I am already going stir crazy with the lack of companionship.

Got another week of this to go.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I like it. I'm seriously thinking of starting my own business once the wife is healed up from this last baby, simply so I don't have to jump through hoops, interact with workmates socially as if I cared, engage in office politics and the other crap that comes with being a wage slave. I seriously can do without that bullshit when I'm simply trying to do a job.

Yub

Anachrophobic
Yeah, I get that. But I could do without discussing endlessly shit I hate like the latest popular reality show or hollywood gossip or how hot SKANK HO 67 is, not to mention sport. It's all pretty meaningless dull crud and the majority love it. You are what you eat, which makes the majority meaningless, dull and cruddy. Exceptional people are rare and thankfully they congregate on internet message boards.

ThatSunrise

Likes house centipedes
I feel your pain. Basically nobody in my studio has been working in school, which has led me to stay at home more often. Being that I work better in school my work has suffered because of it. But I really don't like being alone in a big, empty room for hours on end.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I work from home predominantly and find it quite isolating. I'm actually applying for some jobs in retail now because I can't take this anymore. I might not get paid as much, but at least I'll have social contact throughout the day and I can still probably fit in some freelance design work in the evenings and weekends.

I get a bit bored of "isn't SKANKHO69 hot?!" and similar topics, but y'know what? If you don't like the conversation - change it. Most people are very interesting and engaging if you give them something to work with.

whisky

Boobie inspector
SKANKHO67 and SKANKHO69 might not be hot but SKANKHO68, whoah!

I never used to have this because I have shared offices with 3, 4 even 5 people, so chances of them all being off were fairly slim, but now its just me and one other guy this is bound to happen more often.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
soME PEOPLE HAVE AUTISM

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I like being all alone with my internet friends. SRSLY.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I work alone in total isolation every single day. Nobody can tell me not to watch MYTH BUSTERS during my really long self imposed lunch breaks.

I MAKE DO.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Have you seen the one where they get Kari drunk, for science?

CaptainWacky

I saw one yesterday where she got tipsy for science, then later had to stay up all night for science and I was like "I KNOW HOW I'D KEEP HER AWAKE" (by talking about Lord of the Rings all night.)

Mirah

I love you
I dont' have cable to watch mythbusters anymore. Or ANYTHING COOL! I hate working alone.

I have been in customer service jobs for so long...I had a job for a while where I was alone and I began talking to myself. I did not like it. : P
Then I worked with people again and I always think I am done with people-but I cannot handle the isolation.

Even being in school right now I feel very lonely and isolated while I am doing my homework all by myself.

blah

CaptainWacky

Her breasts have gotten bigger since she had her baby (Kari, not Mirah.)

Friday

Bazinga!
My last job I worked alone with a child who communicated solely with his eyes. It was just him and I and silence...and pure bliss.