Elder Statesman
I blame the Minefield. And Wacky.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
So it's YOUR fault, then?

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
OK here goes.

We had a thread with Mercedes McNab's Playboy photos posted in it. It seems that over time this because the top searched thread on THE WHOLE INTERWEBZ. Some genius blogger who has a website with a very large amount of traffic, referred to her on his front page article, and linked to that thread about a week ago. Ever since, we have a significant number of "guests" loitering about.

The thread has been nuked. She has great tits.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I still dont get why 8000 guests ground the site to a complete halt. It's not like a dos attack or anything, is it?

When TKR got slash dotted over the Bissette Disney scoop a few years ago we got like 50000 hits in three days. That was fun, and the server was quite surprised at the volume, but nothing bad happened, except it was pretty loud in the forum for awhile.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
WIN FREE SEX!!!!!!

There, that should double traffic.

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
I invited some people from Yahoo.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I hate you.

I Love Cunt

Watch It
OK here goes.

We had a thread with Mercedes McNab's Playboy photos posted in it. It seems that over time this because the top searched thread on THE WHOLE INTERWEBZ. Some genius blogger who has a website with a very large amount of traffic, referred to her on his front page article, and linked to that thread about a week ago. Ever since, we have a significant number of "guests" loitering about.

The thread has been nuked. She has great tits.

I WANT A LINK TO THAT BLOG

I WILL MISS THAT THREAD (not really)

IT ALWAYS SEEMED THERE WAS AT LEAST ONE PERSON VIEWING IT A NIGHT. (i always assumed it was Saint)

Consumer

Elder Statesman
^ Yes, I want you to wait for me alone in a darkened room in nothing but heels and a paper hat and yell "Surprise" when I get home!

A small party, true, but I promise it will have a lot of "energy" to it.