Human Target

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I liked it, so sue me. Mark Valley is cool, I liked him on Boston Legal and especially Fringe. Chi McBride is also good, and Jackie Earl Haley is great, as usual. Tricia Helfer was foxy and did some really fine acting in the pilot. Nice surprise cameo by Danny Glover, also.

Hey, the title is as straightforward as the show, it's just a pure action show, not everything has to make sense, but it certainly isn't dumb, either.

Anyone else watch?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
No idea what it is.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I think it's supposed to be a cross between the Transporter and the new Bond, tons of kick ass superhero action etc. Isn't it based on an old show from the sixties?

Big Dick McGee

I think it's supposed to be a cross between the Transporter and the new Bond, tons of kick ass superhero action etc. Isn't it based on an old show from the sixties?

It's actually based on a DC comic from the 80's. There was a short-lived version in the early 90's starring Rick Springfield, of all people, but without CGI it just looked cheesy. These days, you're able to do stuff on the cheap using CGI, and it looks flawless. Tons of action, yes.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I meant to watch and forgot it was on. I do that a lot...how was 24?

Big Dick McGee

24 was friggin' AWESOME. Last night's 2 hours were even better. The last couple of seasons have started off slowly, like a gradual build up. But this season started with tons of action and intrigue, and hasn't let up. You'll be SHOCKED at what happened to Agent Renee Walker. She's like a less-compassionate version of Jack. And that's fucking scary.

BTW, I think Human Target repeats the pilot again tonight, followed by a new episode tomorrow. As they say, check your local listings, your mileage may vary, Do the Dew.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
If it repeats at 9 I'll watch it. I meant to watch it the first time, but missed it somehow.. I like Keen Eddy!

CaptainWacky

WITH SIENNA MILLER AS THE ENGLISH GIRL

Big Dick McGee

No, but Tricia, "Number 6" Helfer is in it, and she looks SEXEH. And she can act.

CaptainWacky

(Sienna Miller was in Keen Eddy.)

Does Six wear silly outfits?

Big Dick McGee

No, just a business suit. A hot business suit!

CaptainWacky

Sounds promising, actually!

Big Dick McGee

Only screencaps I could come up with:

helfer-small.jpg

TBA916_IMG_1285.JPG

HT7_001.png

CaptainWacky

Meh.

Big Dick McGee

It was good, even LG said so.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Watched the pilot last night, it was OK.

Big Dick McGee

C'mon, it was action-packed AND funny.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
But it wasn't clever.. I have nothing to watch tonight after Mercy so I'll see if gets any better.

Big Dick McGee

But what about the cameo by RAPEMAN_69???

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Saw the second episode.. I'm warming up to it. Mark Valley is super fuckable, which helps A LOT. I hate the theme music, doesn't seem to fit the action packed show.

I like the squished faced computer guy for some reason.