Hurricane Wilma Experience

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
^Your PMs are full so uh I'll just say this...I can't say I'd mind one bit. ;)

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Caitriona said:
I'm good. Lot's better recently than I was last month. September is just one of those months that each year sends me into a bit of a depression. But I'm finally doing much better.

I miss you, but totally understand the real life and the dedication to the rug rats. You're a good aunt, and an even better parent. I know it is terrible what some real parents do, but people like you remind me all the time of the value of family--even if it is extended family. Those kids will be OK, and it is largely because of you. :)

You're so sweet and thank you so much, that really makes me feel good. I pray everyday that I'm not screwing them up but I figure, whatever I'm doing it's screwing them up way less than if they were with their parents.

September is a whirl wind, I feel you but the holidays are upon us and it's going to be a great season, I can feel it in my bones!!

Time to go pick up the kidlettes!

Red Whacker

T'Bonz said:
I thought it would be interesting to share what it was like for those who cared.

And ofcourse you'd post this on the internet, nobody out in the real world to share your experience with, how sad. :(

T'Bonz

TrekBBS Wench
Sugar, they all went through it with me *grin* :mrgreen:

P.S. Maybe I should pull a Red Whacker and try to scam them for money. I could cal it Hurricane Wilma relief. ;)

BlazerBoy

Bonz, I'm 100% serious when I ask, have you ever considered just picking up and moving away from that state? How many times has this been for you, this year alone?

T'Bonz

TrekBBS Wench
My old man is in his 50s. In this day of uncertain employment, one doesn't walk away from a well-paying job. We have 10-15 years til he can retire, then we're OUTTA HERE.

Mirah

I love you
I have never been through anything like that, so I found it interesting to read as well. And I agreed with the part about what the media chooses to cover (sorry too lazy to quote!)
I hate it when people complain about, or how the news focuses on how people lost shit, but didn't loose their lives. I know it would probably suck, and I would probably say the same thing-but still.
And yeah coyote, she isn't the only one-but does that mean she can't share her experience?
And, oh, since she posts here, it must mean she has no outside friends. hmmm
All we get from the media is the negative images of people abusing fema-and w/e so its nice to hear someone's personal story.
I don't know anyone here, so I don't know what "histories" y'all have, but it doesn't matter to me, till someone fucks w/ me personally-and yeah turn that around if you want-but thats how I chose to say it-then I will hold no grudge on someone.
Anyway, thanks Tbonz for sharing.

Mirah

I love you
BlazerBoy said:
Bonz, I'm 100% serious when I ask, have you ever considered just picking up and moving away from that state? How many times has this been for you, this year alone?

I often think this too about those that live in hurricane area, there must be something there that makes them stay tho.
I live in the path of a volcano-should it ever erupt-
I mean, is there really any safe place? From natural disaster, outside forces, crime, weather, whatever?
I mean is it my fault if I live here, and get blown away by a Volcano?
I mean if we had warning-I would definitely leave, no doubt about that, but
I suppose there are some places I would also choose not to live because of the dangers of the area.
Just my thoughts.

T'Bonz

TrekBBS Wench
Red Whacker said:
And just how many computers do you own T'Bonz?

I own two. My regular one, which I got for Christmas three years ago (desktop) and which serves for the most part as a guest computer now (Mom has been using it since she's staying with us until she gets power again), and my laptop, which was a Christmas gift last year.

How many do you own? And how much of the money you collected from TKers helped pay for it/them? :mrgreen:

Red Whacker

^I own three, but if any natural disaster were to hit my area I'd forget about them in a nanosecond. I certainly don't consider them family or care for them in a moment of mortal danger.

And how much of the money you collected from TKers helped pay for it/them?

All of it. :)

T'Bonz

TrekBBS Wench
Red Whacker said:
^I own three, but if any natural disaster were to hit my area I'd forget about them in a nanosecond. I certainly don't consider them family or care for them in a moment of mortal danger.

No argument there. Things can always be replaced. People and pets can't.

Techman

T'Bonz said:
Nice try. ;) Am I supposed to be hurt that you didn't read it, yet felt the need to tell me you didn't read it? :mrgreen:

d00d, I just went through a cat 3. Gonna be a while before trolling is going to rile me.

At least a day! :mrgreen:
I read it.

It's always amazed me that people insist on living in an area that is repeatedly hit by severe storms.

But then...I'm from Nebraska. :mrgreen:

stalley.gif

T'Bonz

TrekBBS Wench
^
:mrgreen:

In all fairness, from 1981-2003 we had ONE hurricane.

It's only last year and this year that have been bastards.

NeonMercuryASH

beer, I want beer
T'Bonz said:
Nice try. ;) Am I supposed to be hurt that you didn't read it, yet felt the need to tell me you didn't read it? :mrgreen:

d00d, I just went through a cat 3. Gonna be a while before trolling is going to rile me.

At least a day! :mrgreen:
Hey, Bonz! Just got back on line. We flooded and lost everything.The cars are totaled. No hot water, laundry, or stove, or fridge. We damn nearly drowned.

T'Bonz

TrekBBS Wench
You're down in Dade?

Ugh.....that sucks. I feel guilty because I was in the 1st percent to get power restored.

**kisses ground in gratitude**

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
My aunt and uncle live in Davie, they were spared.

T'Bonz

TrekBBS Wench
Actually, both C.S. and Tamarac both were hit pretty hard. I heard Sunrise is tarp-city.

I hope we're done for a few years. :/