Hyundai "suicide" advert

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
[YOUTUBEHD]grDbiKmDhyw[/YOUTUBEHD]

Were you behind this, Headvoid?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Good to know The Saint is getting some scripts accepted...

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
That is the first time I saw it.

"never meant to go out" was the line they said and it somehow leaked. They spent an awful lot of development fee, casting, lighting and filming money on something that was "never meant to go out"

I sense they thought it might be leaked and GO VIRAL INNIT and then claim it was just a test or something.

It just shows that clever people in advertising can be really stupid. Did they not realise that someones dad, husband or son had probably done this? and that they might complain as it caused them a great deal of pain and that it might just trivialise one of the most traumatic things to happen in many peoples lives?

No, they thought it might get LOADS OF HITS for being edgy.

They thought that because they are Hyundai and do not have the media spend of larger car brands they rationalised that to get awareness with online video content you need to be shocking, genuinely funny or rude. They chose the wrong kind of shocking.

So many people will have been involved in this decision. So much stupidity.

CaptainWacky

I've noticed the "never meant to go out!" excuse coming up with other "banned" (of course you can't really "ban" anything in the internet age) adverts. Maybe people would think slightly better of them if they just said "yeah, we fucked up, sorry" (even if that's not entirely true either.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Wow... yeah I don't buy the "never meant to go out" thing. It's just too slick.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Can't imagine working on something like that, even if it was all filmed in a couple of days. You'd go home feeling dirty.

CaptainWacky

Otters should always be picked over suicide.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The phrase "make love like sea otters" is a positive description, so I imagine they do indeed make a contribution to the world.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Don't otters make love to dead stuff they've caught?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Doesn't everybody?

CaptainWacky

:sarek: