I have a programming question for the tech geeks (AKA: Hambil, Ishcabittle, Menty)

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I'm trying to install a fresh version of XP on a spare pc I have. I tried using a disk for XP home that a freind provided for me, but when trying to install, it told me that the disk was damaged. So, I downloaded and burned another disk with XP pro. However, when I insert the disk into the drive and turn on the pc all I get is the Windows Setup blue screen without any prompts. So, I tried the first disk again to see if the drive was still working. Now, I can't even load past the Windows Setup screen on both disks.

What's the deal?

Do I need a new hard drive? New install disk? I'm lost.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Hmm... perhaps I may not need help after all.

I think my cd drive cable wasn't fully plugged in. Doh!

OS@M@

Hmm... perhaps I may not need help after all.

I think my cd drive cable wasn't fully plugged in. Doh!

I will fight cables!

Ishcabittle

i'm going to close this trouble ticket - if the originator of the ticket needs additional support, they can reply below this line.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Woah, this pirated version of XP pro is quite nice. SO much better than the crappy version of XP home I was using.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Yeah. It's slimmed down, and streamlined. It's a pro version of XP pro. None of that stupid nonsense bullshit programming getting in the way. It's only a little buggy, but that'll go away after a bit of tweaking.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I always use nLite/vLite for my installations because I'm a ricer who likes to pretend the tiny changes he makes actually make a noticeable difference in boot time and memory usage.