I have to admit, Jack Harkness is probably my favorite Dr. Who character.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I wouldn't mind being in a love triangle with him.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Are you watching Torchwood as well? Aside from the Children of Earth miniseries, which is excellent, they change his character from being a fairly happy-go-lucky bisexual to a miserable gay bloke who doesn't have any friends.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I sniffle a lot watching Torchwood. Especially when Tosh died.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Are you watching Torchwood as well? Aside from the Children of Earth miniseries, which is excellent, they change his character from being a fairly happy-go-lucky bisexual to a miserable gay bloke who doesn't have any friends.

QFT. Harkness was an integral part of NuWho at its glory... Eccleston, Barrowman, and Piper... and was an interesting character. Now, he's basically Russell Davies' TV persona.

Anyone else thinking Barrowman is looking a little sick lately? That Anally Injected Death Sentence might be creeping up on him.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I liked him the first series he was in, when he was almost believable as a human being, then in Torchwood they tried way too hard to make him the most edgy, dark, sexually adventerous character in tv history and it was just ridiculous (I spent two thousand years buried alive! I had sex with a radiator!)

But there is something undeniably likable about John Barrowman. Even if you really really want to hate him you can't quite manage it because he's John Barrowman and he's just being John Barrowman.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Never have seen Torchwood, but the character in Dr. Who was one of my favorites.

The scene where he looks at Martha Jones as she is pining after The Doctor and says "You too, huh?" is great.

"Hello!"
"Stop flirting!"
"I was just saying 'hello'".
"In your case, that's flirting."

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!

CaptainWacky

Cyberwoman.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Definitely Cyberwoman. Turns out Ianto's girlfriend was in Torchwood One when it was overun by the Cybermen, and she became partly er, assimilated, or whatever they call it. But he keeps her existence secret as she becomes more and more assimilated throughout the episode (with "sexy" Cyber-bra iirc) until she dies and he becomes gay.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
The whole story of Jack Harkness is a mess, to tell the truth.

He's a time agent from the 51st century. Okay, then he goes rogue and goes back to 1941 and becomes a volunteer pilot. He hooks up with the Doctor and Rose. The Slitheen bitch shows up in Cardiff and the rift opens up right where Torchwood Cardiff is supposed to be stationed. They don't show up.

He's killed by the Daleks and resurrected by Mega-Rose... travels back to the late 1800s looking for the Doctor, falls into Torchwood, co-exists with his WWII self, but claims he can't find the Doctor even though he knows exactly where and when the Doctor will appear in London in 1941... not to mention the 19 million times the Doctor will interact with UNIT later in the 20th century.

But wait... he goes back to Roman times and gets buried for 2000 years and stored in Torchwood's cryovault... all the while he's there and he never looks in that vault.

Jack Harkness was a good idea for Doctor Who. He started as a good idea for Torchwood, but along the way he became a plaything for RTD's tortured imagination and sporadic writing skills.

CaptainWacky

And he lives for another five billion years as a big had in a jar. For some reason.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
My favourite character as Ace. The simple reason being that I had grown up through the Tom Baker / Peter Davison / Colin Baker years (during which K-9 had been my favourite character) and by the time we got to Ace, that the INSANITY OF SOMEBODY USING A BASEBALL BAT TO SMASH UP A DALEK was somewhat refreshing to a 13 year old at the time.

Oh and she had tits. That helped, too.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
You have all lost your marbles.

There is nothing intrinsically to like about John Barrowman. Frankly he is about as likeable as Syphillis. "Oh, I really miss the cornflake scabs and the debilitating pox ridden being that I was"

Jack Harkness is also a nothing character that might have been an enigma for an episode, but frankly now I would rather watch a feature length episode of TNG where Whoopi Goldberg plays every single person and she even has a scene where she is in a Nun costume singing.

That is how bad Torchwood really was, DONT YOU REMEMBER THE PAIN?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
My favourite character as Ace. The simple reason being that I had grown up through the Tom Baker / Peter Davison / Colin Baker years (during which K-9 had been my favourite character) and by the time we got to Ace, that the INSANITY OF SOMEBODY USING A BASEBALL BAT TO SMASH UP A DALEK was somewhat refreshing to a 13 year old at the time.

Oh and she had tits. That helped, too.

I liked Ace although after the series ended things got a bit strange and she became really oddly sexualised. To the point that when they were releasing audios with Sophie Aldred and Sylvester McCoy playing "The Professor" (WINK) they thought the best way to represent this adventure through time and space is with a topless Sophie Aldred...

cov_aud_04left.jpg

CaptainWacky

Sexy pics of Ace, please.

CaptainWacky

That seems gratuitous.