I NEED MORE DVD BURNING HELP

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OK, this is DIFFERENT. I know how to burn the dvd and all that stuff, but I'm wanting to work on something bigger so I can hand out a few DVDs to family who don't have computers. YES THEY EXIST. Anyway, I was wanting to add some music, I know there are ways to extract the music from youtube and convert it to mp3 BUT there are tons of these converter programs on Google, so I don't want to dl something weird, and I was hoping one of you nice people could recommend one.

OK? :rwmad: I LOVE YOU ALL.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

Ishcabittle

Looks good, it's free, and it'll do the job... i'd say go for it, champ!

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
zomg ur so cute cassie! <3

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
IN CASE ANYONE WAS WONDERING that program thingy is really pretty cool and it works and it was EASY to use.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I paid for a big honking app from CNET called Wondershare Video Convertor Ultimate (CRASH OF THUNDER) because it converts just about every video and audio format back and forth, but that would be overkill for your needs. This one looks good.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The one I downloaded is pretty simple, after you copy the youtube url you click the giant button that says PASTE (can't miss it, it's huge) and then the program does everything. You can choose the quality and all that, but I just left it on default because I don't know about that shit AND STUFF.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
OMG YOU DOWNLOADED THAT!!!

THE COMPUTER ATTACKS YOU HOG TIES YOU AND SAYS YOU HAVE A PURTY MOUTH.

STAY AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I ENJOYED IT, OK HEADVOID? DON'T JUDGE :rwmad:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
THE MINE FIELD: WE ARE JUDGMENTAL BITCHES AND WE ARE CRAZY! :pissed:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I am still working on this DVD THING. Turns out I have about 52 minutes of pictures at the default speed Windows Movie Maker is set to. I don't think I should speed it up any, or the pics will go by too fast and some of my relatives are OLD. So far I've only found about 15 minutes of music, AND it's gonna take forever to organize the pictures... BECAUSE I was just scanning them all willy-nilly and CRYING.. then I wasn't sad but I'd already willy-nilly'd it. Now I had an idea about how to organize the pictures, but that is falling apart as I rearrange them. I thought I'd go great-great grandma and then down to the present, but HOW do I do that when she had children, and then they had children and then EVENTUALLY there's me and my cousins.. it's getting messy and sometimes we're with the great greats, and sometimes it's old pics and sometimes much newer. I'll probalby end up only half ass organizing things, and then say FUCK IT YOU UNGRATEFUL MOFOS, JUST BE GLAD I MADE THIS FOR YOU.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Unless you're planning on generation-specific music under each group of pictures, you could just loop the 15 minutes of music you have under the slideshow.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I am now thinking my song choices are a bit DEPRESSING, but they are great anyway and i like them :rwmad: I'm in a bluegrass kinda mood. Also, I'm trying to base my song choices on what I think won't irritate the older generation.

So far I have: I am weary let me rest (from the O Brother where art thou soundtrack, the Cox Family, I think), Carolina in my mind (Alison Krauss), Red Dirt Girl (Emmylou Harris), and Killing the Blues (Alison Krauss and Robert Plant). I think I'm up to about 20 minutes or so now.

I have no idea why I can't think of any songs by MEN with the same kind of sound. I may take your advice eventually, Eggs. At least searching for music breaks the monotony of rearranging pictures, lol.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
OK, I've been checking out the google offerings. I used to think cnet was a great place to download stuff (not that I don't anymore, just haven't used them in ages) so what do you think of this one they recommend? Free YouTube to MP3 Converter specs and Video Converter specifications - CNET Download.com

I have this and I swear by it. The suite it connects to is good too. Just be sure to have your resident folder be on iTunes (or whatever you're using to play your music)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
TWENTY SEVEN MINUTES.. I am over half way there. I cheated, I added one that's 6 minutes.

[YOUTUBE]q5zRQNm2d4E[/YOUTUBE]

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
If you want to pick things up, maybe add "When I Grow Up" or "Hello Hopeville" by Michelle Shocked, from her breakout album "Short Sharp Shocked."

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Whichita Lineman? Everyone raves about the Johnny Cash version, but I prefer the original. (there is also a really good version by a band called Gomez, but that may be a bit too modern for you)

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
^see, I would call that "country" as opposed to "blue grass" - is that just me being OCD about musical genres....?
I think of "blue grass" (which I love) as music that uses banjo, fiddle and mandolin(if yer lucky) and "country" as more predominantly guitar (- not to mention sentimental lyrics).
BUT I COULD JUST BE A RACIST