I offically hate Mentalist

Yub

Anachrophobic
...for even mentioning The Walking Dead. I downloaded a torrent and now have to tear myself away from devouring issue after issue. I've only got 39 issues left...and while that sounds like alot, I'll probably read those in rapid succession too, leaving me where exactly? Pining for issues like a crack addict jonesing for a hit of the pipe.

DAMN YOU, MENTALIST. DAMN YOU TO ZOMBIE HELL.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
have you got to the arc with the colonel yet?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
LOL blame me, when Menty posted his "Locke and Key" thread I told him to check out Walking Dead. Darthsikle told me to check it out first.

Donovan, I'm through tpb #9, which introduces the Colonel and his soldiers. to be honest, I was getting a little bored with the story. I mean, it was getting a tad repetitive, but
with the new idea that there might be a cure for the plague of zombies, the story has gotten more interesting. I'm gonna order #10-#11 later this week.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I hate Menty too.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Yeah. Me too. Has nothing to do with Walking Dead though.

CaptainWacky

He knows what he's done.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Yub, can you do me a favour and send me a link to that torrent. I'd like to check it out too.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I'm on issue #53 and I can tell you that you're in for some seriously intense stuff. NOBODY is safe in this book.

Big Dick McGee

I'm on issue #53 and I can tell you that you're in for some seriously intense stuff. NOBODY is safe in this book.

Duuuude...

When the Governor's people killed Rick's wife and baby daughter, I literally threw the book across the room, I was so gutted. Not often a comic can make you feel something so strong; last time I remember having a reaction like that, it was when Tulip O'Hare was killed in Preacher

Donovan

beer, I want beer
That's what I like about this series. Stuff happens so suddenly that you have to skip back a page and go, "Wait what just happened?"

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Duuuude...

When the Governor's people killed Rick's wife and baby daughter, I literally threw the book across the room, I was so gutted. Not often a comic can make you feel something so strong; last time I remember having a reaction like that, it was when Tulip O'Hare was killed in Preacher

Shit was NUTS. As much violence and main character killing we've seen before I didn't think for a second that Rick's wife and baby would take a direct shot gun blast. I literally blinked in amazement at that panel.

Yub

Anachrophobic
HOLY SHITFIRE ONNA STICK.

I'm up to #56. I cannot believe what has happened so far.

No. I'm still reading about the Governor. I hope that black chick tears him a gaping hole, but she's probably gonna die.

I was wrong, eh? What she did to him.....

I like Carl. And Andrea...the way she handles a gun...she'd better be someone uber hot in the TV series or I'd be a very sad panda.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
*curses Yub for creating this thread, and now must go do research on it*

But I still love Menty.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
It's definitely worth reading. When I'm bored I'll go find a Barnes and Noble and snag a graphic or two then read them like it is my own personal library heh heh heh. Glare all you want, employee peons, I ain't buying shit!

Big Dick McGee

^^Damn, that's a good idea. Unfortunately, most of the B&N or Borders in my area believe that graphic novels begin and end with X-Men, Spider-Man, or manga that borders on paedophilia. I end up ordering from Amazon because I have no choice.

CaptainWacky

IF ONLY there was some way to download comics illegally over some kind of "internet"...

Big Dick McGee

Huh. Turns out my local library has the trade paperbacks. But they're only up to #9 so far. I'll just wait until they have #10 & #11, I have loads of other books to read first.