I saw somebody die last night

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I went with my daughter to pick up her husband from work last night. We went a different way home so we could drive by a church that had been vandalised the night before to see what the current situation was. We came around the bend in the road, just before our turn, and into the middle of an accident that had just happened. A truck, a van, and a jeep were involved. The driver of the truck was unharmed. The jeep driver was in bad shape. Three of the passengers in the van, which had flipped on to its side, were injured but were okay. We were trying to get the door open on the driver's side of the van when the driver died.

About 8 people at the scene were trying to call out on their cell phones for emergency services but we were the only ones able to get a call through on my cell. Something to keep in mind when passing a situation you wonder if you should call in because you think others have already done so.

BlazerBoy

Seeing a person die does something to you. Not a good feeling.

Shal

It is an experience that can not but touch one, even the death of a 'stranger' - for in the end none of us are truly strangers - we are all fellow journeyers, an inescapable part of the web of life.

Blessed Be for the vans driver, and may all those involved be healed, be it in body or heart, or both.

YeahSoWhat

Wow that really sucks. Something like that stays with you. Maybe it's best to look at it in terms of a reminder to enjoy every moment of your life because we never know how long we have.

Captain Jack

BlazerBoy said:
Seeing a person die does something to you. Not a good feeling.

Totally agree. Sorry you had to see that eloisel. :(

Grandtheftcow

Grand Wizard of TK
Since I couldn’t care less about the personal lives of anyone on the Internet and since this is in GFHH.

One warning for spamming.

Sendell

I'm not wearing any panties!!
Shal said:
It is an experience that can not but touch one, even the death of a 'stranger' - for in the end none of us are truly strangers - we are all fellow journeyers, an inescapable part of the web of life.

Blessed Be for the vans driver, and may all those involved be healed, be it in body or heart, or both.

:shock: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You're a fucking idiot!

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Sendell said:
:shock: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You're a fucking idiot!
Actually, I quite liked and appreciated Shal's prayer for the dead and those touched by this tragedy. I know you don't give a shit about people you don't know, and that is fine with me. However, your an ass for kicking people who have some kindness of spirit for others.

Sendell

eloisel said:
Actually, I quite liked and appreciated Shal's prayer for the dead and those touched by this tragedy. I know you don't give a shit about people you don't know, and that is fine with me. However, your an ass for kicking people who have some kindness of spirit for others.

Yeah nice prayer but it sounded like the sentimental ending of a episode of Pokemon.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Sendell said:
Yeah nice prayer but it sounded like the sentimental ending of a episode of Pokemon.
Well, I don't know Pokeman but I liked the sentiment. I'm old, though, and a little sympathy, caring and concern goes a long way.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
You are so right, eloisel, soft words, a little kindness and sympathy go a long ways to ease our burdens. Sorry about your experience. You never know, perhaps your being in attendance at the accident scene eased the dying person's soul in its transition.

Shal

Just remember Sendell the old and so very true addage...

What goes around comes around

Someday when you need a friend, a kind word, or some understanding...may you get back all that you have sown.

or in words that you might understand

"Eat Shit and Die."

Mandi

yeah, if you want to give someone karma, but you won't be able to do it until 50 posts

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Click on the "scales" at the bottom of your av/id info to the left. Another screen will pop up and you can click on two choices - positive or negative - and leave a comment if you want. Until you have 50 posts, the smilie will be one kind - eyes looking up - regardless of what you choose. After you have made 50 posts, then the smilies will change - smiles for positive, frowns for negative.

When you choose a negative response - called a negrep - then the poster you are responding to will lose points.

When you choose a positive response - called a posrep - then the poster you are responding to will gain points.

Sendell

Shal said:
Just remember Sendell the old and so very true addage...

What goes around comes around

Someday when you need a friend, a kind word, or some understanding...may you get back all that you have sown.

or in words that you might understand

"Eat Shit and Die."

Do you remember that episode when Ash had to let Butterfree go to live with all the other butterfrees?