I saw the classified footage of the Osama raid!!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
OMG, OBAMA WAS SHIRTLESS WITH A BANDOLIER AROUND HIS CHEST, HIS MUSCLES GLISTENING WITH OIL AS HE RAPPELLED INTO THE COMPOUND AND SINGLY-HANDEDLY TOOK OUT 70 AL QAEDA MEMBERS, BEFORE SHOOTING OBAMA THROUGH THE HEAD AND DRAGGING HIS BODY BACK TO THE WAITING CHOPPER!!!

MY HERO! *swoons*

Donovan

beer, I want beer
And you did it again.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
He's all excited about it, clearly.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
It's because they're brothers, I can't hardly tell them apart.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
What makes me wonder is how all the people making this mistake are essentially disrespecting the president more than the terrorist guy. Traditionally, when a person has a title of some respect, it's customary to refer to them by their honorific and last name, such as President Obama, or at worst Mr Obama. Even the former presidents maintain this honor until they die. Referring to someone by last name only is generally reserved for those one holds in contempt, such as criminals or those who have committed acts worthy of contempt. I don't think such things can be said of the President even if his policies have not been popular with some of the generaL public.

Conversely, referring to a person by his first name only would indicate a familiarity or friendliness, as many ultraconservatives have done with Osama Bin Laden. I wonder why that is?

In order to avoid future confusion, I suggest the following compromise: in all future written or spoken statements, conservatives and those of the tea party/birther/dumbass clique, please refer to President Obama as either "Boy" or "that colored fella", and call Osama Bin Laden by his more appropriate name "smokescreen." Thanks in advance!