I watched Wizard Of Oz in HD last night.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It was REALLY perverse.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Could you taste the Munchkins' innner pain in HD?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Did you freeze-frame on that scene where crewmen were seen jumping out of camera range? Or where that guy had supposedly hanged himself in the background?

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
The guy hanging himself is a bird. That's easier to tell in cleaner versions of the movie.

[youtube]N4gh6BEPN8Q[/youtube]

For anyone who is old enough to remember, there is a missing scene from this film. I used to watch it with my brother every year when CBS would air it. There was a song that the flying monkeys sang..."hail hail the witch is dead" right after Dorothy melted her & the head flying monkey handed Dorothy the witches boomstick. This scene was there in the 70's, my brother swears he remembered it too. It is talked about online as being cut from the film, but it is never mentioned that it was present in the early CBS runs. When most people hear it was cut they assume it was back in 1939. It's hard to believe these scenes have never shown up as anything but an audio extra feature on the dvd's.

ThatSunrise

Likes house centipedes
I kind of think I remember it... I think it was on the tape I watched hundreds of times as a kindergartner.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I've watched the movie on TV since I was a small child in the early 70s, and I don't remember a scene like that after the melting. But then I'm old and senile now, so what do I know lol.

There was an extra dance number, "The Jitterbug" which was cut from the film, but that scene has turned up on DVDs as a special feature.

I've watched the movie on TV since I was a small child in the early 70s, and I don't remember a scene like that after the melting.

There was an extra dance number, "The Jitterbug" which was cut from the film, but that scene has turned up on DVDs as a special feature.

It wasn't the jitterbug or any of those other scenes that are found as extras on the dvd's. It was "Hail, Hail the Witch is Dead", a short number directly before Dorothy presents the broomstick to the Wizard. I could be mistaken as well, but my brother says he remembers it too. I dunno. :)

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I thought it was "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead. and I remember that scene too.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter