Idol Worship

Love Child

One Love
Discussion at the dinner table:

Person 1: I'm really disapointed at an athlete, an Olympic Gold Medalist that smokes pot. Who or what do we have to look up to? What do we have kids? Is there anyone to look up to?

Me: Why are we putting celebrities, athletes, anyone on a pedestal? Humans are failable, it is not fair to hold them up to such a high standard that we expect them to be perfect.

Person 2: But they are in the public eye, they should have higher standards. Thier life is no longer private. They are setting an example.

Who is right? Discuss.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
People go insane sooner or later if they have groups of folks walking around behind them, kissing their ass, and telling them they are "special". It's worse when it happens from childhood, the celeb NEVER has a sense of the "real world".

And we wonder why they, sooner or later, always fuck up?

The train-wreck is part of the show. Enjoy it.

-SB

YingSawSay

I'm high
Hero worship in general pretty much disgusts me. Whether it's an athlete or military member. None of those motherfuckers would be doing what they are doing if they weren't getting paid. It's really stupid to pretend that anyone should look up to anyone but me.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Discussion at the dinner table:

Person 1: I'm really disapointed at an athlete, an Olympic Gold Medalist that smokes pot. Who or what do we have to look up to? What do we have kids? Is there anyone to look up to?

Me: Why are we putting celebrities, athletes, anyone on a pedestal? Humans are failable, it is not fair to hold them up to such a high standard that we expect them to be perfect.

Person 2: But they are in the public eye, they should have higher standards. Thier life is no longer private. They are setting an example.

Who is right? Discuss.

You are concerned he smoked pot, but say nothing of his performance-enhancing drugs?

Humans are 'failable', are they?

Fuck, do they come any dumber than this bitch? *ROTFLMAO @ 'failable'. That was too much. Oooh, my tummy.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Hero worship in general pretty much disgusts me. Whether it's an athlete or military member. None of those motherfuckers would be doing what they are doing if they weren't getting paid. It's really stupid to pretend that anyone should look up to anyone but me.

*sniffs* Is that jealousy I smell? Such people are worshipped, yet no one even knows you are alive. Hmmm, I do suppose I quite understand that hatred, and the jealousy.

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
So you're jealous of me even though I abused you as a child? Isn't that the way it always works?

Ah, the aged one is so butthurt by me that he now resorts to following me about the site. I pwn people so often that I no longer realise when I am doing it. Too easy.

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
I agree with u LC, if pple cannot fathom that these celebrities/sports heros/muso's are humans just like everyone else; than its they that are screwed in teh brainz.

Kthnx

Mirah

I love you
At conchaga, couldn't see the rest of your post, I'll check later-but if that is the SNL video awesome. I loved the kellogs part.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
I served in order to get my sea-service ribbon and my Good conduct medal.

It was ALL for the medals. I still keep them pinned to my pj's at night.

-SB

You served in the hopes of landing a female who shares your proclivities for pussy.

Um...not really. But I DID end up with a woman who shares my proclivity for pussy (although she likes the bitchy, Asian kind and I don't really).

Ancalagon: were you an O?

Nope...exited as an E-5.

-SB