I'm kind of really happy!

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I love OnStar. It is the best thing for me. It is a little pricey but I can go anywhere and not worry about getting lost because I just call them from the car and they navigate me to where I'd like to go - no matter where I've wandered off to. If I can find an address for a place I'd like to go, I can call OnStar from the car and they can navigate me to the place. Plus, I don't have to worry about breaking down out in the middle of nowhere and not getting cell phone coverage. OnStar works everywhere! It is a real, live person that answers the phone too. Plus, it cuts the cost of my insurance so it reduces the expense.

I know I need to trade out of my Saturn but I didn't want to buy another GM car because the cruds bailed out on Saturn - and I love Saturns. OnStar was a GM thing.

But - and this is the whole reason for this post - OnStar is expanding and can now be put on any car. Just replace the rearview mirror with their device and pay for the service. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

I need to go car shopping. Convertible or SUV?

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
My dad just bought a 2011 Ford Taurus that has Onstar. He too loves it to death.

I on the other hand, drive a 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage that I too love to death, and all I can do is get out and ask directions! :eek:

Seph

Retired Account
why the fuck dont u guys use GPS's?

surely promoting u too use ur phones whilst driving is fatalities in the making.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
GPS's lead you to bad places.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I drive using ADD: when I see a road I don't recognize I think "Where does that road go?" and I'll turn down it just for shits and giggles. I may never get anywhere on time but it sounds like I have a hell of a lot more fun on the trip than some of you...and once I know a road I don't stay lost for long. Maps is fer pussies.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
why the fuck dont u guys use GPS's?

surely promoting u too use ur phones whilst driving is fatalities in the making.

OnStar is a navigation system. I do not call them on my cell phone but on my car phone which operates through the speakers in my car. I do not know how the new rearview mirror device will work.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Exploring is one of my favorite things to do. I love throwing the suitcase in the trunk and heading out to destinations unknown. With OnStar I can just go and not worry about getting lost cause they can get me back to familiar territory.

Although I used to work and/or live in Fort Worth and Dallas, both of those cities change a lot and often. I still like going there for museums, theater, and special events. If I've got an address, OnStar can tell me how to get there.

Another great feature is if I need an alternate route, I can call them back and ask for an alternate route and they'll plot me a new course. I've had to do that a few times when emergency road closures prevented me from using the original directions sent to my car.