I'm kinda over Twitter

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
It's mainly people retweeting shit someone else said about them.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
it never appealed to me...the news gets passed on soon enough on fb.

curiousa2z

speaking of fb, what the hell happened with seph?

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Did he eliminate you too? I think he did a clean sweep or something, I still see his account active through Sun, but I'm not on his list any more. I was trying to think if I did a royal wedding joke and pissed him off or something...

Tisiphone

LoL. I got swept too, but he does that sometimes where he closes his account and creates a new one.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Lots of people tweeting about wanting to see Osama tortured in Hell right now.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
@Tisiphone OMG HAI

CaptainWacky

I just question the praticality of watching someone be tortured in Hell.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
The main reason I still enjoy Twitter is due to Piers Morgan's relentless ripping of the entire Man United team, mostly Rio, Wayne and Michael Owen who are also on Twitter and the ongoing banter with Lord Sugar.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Last night's breaking news caused me to actually follow and enjoy using Twitter for the first time. A few celebrities and journalists were engaged in some interesting conversations with their followers, and I actually jumped in for once.

Can't say I'll be doing it regularly, as I'm already too chained to the internet, let alone one site where you get new logs of information by the second. I fear for people who I see transfixed by their smart devices out in public. I haven't even gone there yet.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Twitter has always seemed to me a thing for 14 year old girls.

I can't get past the mental block about that.

That and I really don't care about the every waking thought of Celebrities let alone most people.

FB is enough for me really.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The trick to enjoying Twitter is to not be afraid to unfollow the people who annoy you. You can still really enjoy a movie/tv celebrity's acting without actually liking the celebrity. Some of them are almost as entertaining on Twitter as they are in whatever they are IN, but some of them are VERY MEH.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Just spent ten minutes catching up on what Kareem Abdul Jabhar and Jedward think about bin Laden thanks to this thread. ;)

CaptainWacky

Why is Stephen Fry constantly tweeting about sports now? If it's a joke it isn't funny.

Tisiphone

Just spent ten minutes catching up on what Kareem Abdul Jabhar and Jedward think about bin Laden thanks to this thread. ;)

You're welcome.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Why is Stephen Fry constantly tweeting about sports now? If it's a joke it isn't funny.

He is a massive Norwich City fan. He's even on the board now and since they have just secured promotion from the Championship to the Premier League in what has been a miracle double so he is probably quite excited!

Tisiphone

Simon Pegg is funny and so is Steve Martin. They tend to do random tweets as opposed to retweets. Oh, and Donald Glover (Troy from Community).

curiousa2z

You can't quit them, CAN you, Tisi?

Peeps quote me the funny/ good stuff from Twitter all the time as it is, so I don't feel left out.