IMPORTANT NEWS FOR GAGH (Transformers related)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The Marvel Transformers continuity is RETURNING from where it left off written by Simon Furman!

Announced live yesterday at San Diego Comicon — the original Marvel Transformers comic series (cancelled back in 1991 at issue #80) is being continued by IDW Publishing, thanks in large part to an online fan petition (big shouts for Luke and Ron of the IDW forums) and the tireless efforts of IDW EiC Chris Ryall. Transformers (‘classic’) will (re-) launch in Spring 2012 with issue 80 and a half, and reunites the previous writer/artist team of myself and Andrew Wildman. The reinvigorated run will build to a monumental 100th issue conclusion, pulling together and tying up every dangling plotline you can think of and a whole lot you can’t! What else can I tell you about the series? Nada. Niente. Zilch. So don’t ask. For the time being anyway we’re keeping this tightly under wraps. But it is going to shatter your trousers! Guaranteed!

It'll probably be a massive disappointment!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
The US series actually sucked. The British artwork & stories were wayyyyy superior, so I agree - it probably will be a massive disappointment.

The UK series used to reprint the US series - I never realised this as a kid, but when I did, it was all the stories I hated that were the US ones!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Shatter me trousers matey!

CaptainWacky

The US series actually sucked. The British artwork & stories were wayyyyy superior, so I agree - it probably will be a massive disappointment.

The UK series used to reprint the US series - I never realised this as a kid, but when I did, it was all the stories I hated that were the US ones!

Well the US stories got a lot better once Furman took over writing them. I remember the Matrix Quest/Unicron stuff being pretty epic. So it could be good (even though they're apparently just completely ignoring the Generation 2 comic that followed on from issue 80.)

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Well the US stories got a lot better once Furman took over writing them. I remember the Matrix Quest/Unicron stuff being pretty epic. So it could be good (even though they're apparently just completely ignoring the Generation 2 comic that followed on from issue 80.)

Ah yes, of course, I forget the later stuff was written by Furman, and the quality of art came more in line with Marvel UK. I guess I forget, because most of that was reprinted in very late UK issues, which aren't as strong in my memory as the 1985-87 heyday.

CaptainWacky

I probably started reading it quite a bit later than you. I read right up until the end (issue 332!)

I fucking loved this page as a child.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

DOES THIS MEAN RATCHETT IS STILL ALIVE.