In Which I Cause WF To Strangle Itself TO DEATH.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
She had a small cameo in Star Trek 4, when they are asking directions if I remember correctly. That said I won’t speak ill of the dead, she earned her name ghoulamet!!
I could be wrong, but I think you misremember. I do remember talking about Star Trek 4 with her on WF and I forget if it was me or her, but we were talking about the ditz who is like "Oooh, I don't know, I think it's across the bay in Alameda." See, you have to pay someone more if they have lines, so all the extras were supposed to shrug or stare at them or hurry past, but the ditz forgot that and said "Oooh, I don't know, I think it's across the bay in Alameda." And they liked it enough that instead of cutting it, they paid her extra for a speaking part. Garamet was quite amused by that.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Cool story.

jack

I went over to WF last year for a bit and messed with my old account there. I like Bick a lot still and support what he's been doing, but it's a different flavor than here.

Oerdin

See, why'd you have to ruin it by preemptively insulting people? Now you just look like a dick. I was sorry to hear this. I may have had my differences with G and her personality regularly annoyed the crap out of me, but I respected her as a person and her accomplishments in her life and was sorry to hear that she'd died.

Same here. I kept her on and off ignore for most of the last two years I posted there because her trolling and threadjacking just got to annoying. That said, I am enjoying reading the copy of Strangers from the Sky I bought and interviews she did which I read showed that IRL she was actually a very down to earth and kind person. I certainly do not wish her ill, we all have faults, but on balance it seems she had more good parts than bad which made up who she was. I am sorry to see her go.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Same here. I kept her on and off ignore for most of the last two years I posted there because her trolling and threadjacking just got to annoying. That said, I am enjoying reading the copy of Strangers from the Sky I bought and interviews she did which I read showed that IRL she was actually a very down to earth and kind person. I certainly do not wish her ill, we all have faults, but on balance it seems she had more good parts than bad which made up who she was. I am sorry to see her go.

I *think* Strangers from the Sky was the first Trek novel I ever read back in the day, pretty good stuff. Unfortunately I continued reading Trek novels in general and with very few exceptions most of them are a hot mess.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I went over to WF last year for a bit and messed with my old account there. I like Bick a lot still and support what he's been doing, but it's a different flavor than here.

To be fair it's not bad over there at all, they just have their own vibe after hanging out together as a group for nearly 20 years. Same deal here, I guess. And yeah, I realize some of you have valid gripes about being banned and stuff. I've never really enjoyed arguing with people over political shit anyway but if it works for them, great.

jack

I liked the reception I got when I visited this last cycle. I still stop by every now and then, it's just dizzying trying to keep up :D

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Shit, I hear Mondale just croaked it. If someone can tell me where they buried him, it almost makes it worth the trip. :)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Arlington National Cemetery. Isn't that where all the dead Presidents and vice Presidents are buried?
If that were true, it would make the question of "who is buried in Grant's tomb" valid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant's_Tomb

I'm a bit rusty on it, but I thought Arlington was solely for military. And even then, not everyone with military service makes the cut to be buried there. (And of course Grant *was* military, but he was buried in New York. But I guess Arlington was probably pretty darned new when Grant died, so maybe the cachet wasn't there yet.)

jack

Why would anyone go to all that trouble just to piss on Mondale's grave?

Is pissing on graves a thing?

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
You should come over more often. Wordforge is a little too small and insular for its own good. More voices would be nice.

jack

You should come over more often. Wordforge is a little too small and insular for its own good. More voices would be nice.

Thank you. I'll add it to my things to do list

The Question

Eternal

That's Wordforge's own damn fault, and you know it.

Amusingly: I haven't mentioned that pack of fairies in months, but my name passes their lips almost as often as their local CPUSA functionaries' cocks.

MODMAN

Messing around with old accounts is an amusing but fleeting diversion.

TK and WF should amalgamate.