INSECTS AND PLANTS

C

Cloudy

may not have central nervous systems but they are still alive and must be treated with respect

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Are you just trying to goad me into going off on your ass? Are you a PBM dual?

Number_6

beer, I want beer
$100 in TK money says it's PBM. She's disappeared, this new hippie persona turns up.

Anubis

TAFKA Chadarnook
^I believe faceman already confronted Cloudscum with that. Notice the affinity for flower-power icons and the general friendliness.

C

Cloudy

I'm not Pthalo - I barely even know her, and didn't realise she was of the hippie persuasion - she sounds cool though.

I'm actually not a veggie - but I'm studying radical resistance groups at university at the moment.

one of the arguments that the animal liberation front gives, is that they draw a line between harming creatures that feel pain (eg. cows) , and ones that don't, such as plants - thus eating vegtables is OK, and swatting mosquitos is fine.

this sounds pretty hypocritical though - and am curious what others think

Number_6

beer, I want beer
So, if we can't eat anything, we just die out.

That's just fucking retarded.

C

Cloudy

well apparently a diet of fruit is OK, because picking fruit does not actually kill the plant, unlike pulling up a vegatable

Number_6

beer, I want beer
So we'll all be massively regular.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
God said we could eat anything we wanted.

Pthalo BlueMoon

missmanners' favorite toy
Number_6 said:
$100 in TK money says it's PBM. She's disappeared, this new hippie persona turns up.
Nope, not me. :)

And the reason I haven't been around is because I've finally gotten a life.

I found a new job teaching. Finally. So, watch out, Number_6, I'm "back in the game". :D

AND....

I'm working on a reconciliation of sorts, with someone (you might say relieving the ketman in my soul ;) ). That's taking a lot of my time.

Keep on truckin', you guys, and don't trust anyone over 30. ;)

Peter Octavian

Cloudscum said:
may not have central nervous systems but they are still alive and must be treated with respect

If by this you mean that in the case of 1)Insects; you flatten them with the nearest shoe or phone book, 2)Plants; you brush-hog the whole area to make room for a parking garage, strip mall or golf course, then I would agree.