Is anybody watching Outcasts?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Forgot that it came on after BSG on BBCAmerica, and was curious if this is something I should invest my time in. From the previews it looks good and there's a lot of actors/actresses in there that I like.

APOLLO HAS NO PANTS APOLLO NEEDS NO PANTS INCLUDED

whisky

Boobie inspector
The general consencious in the UK pace thread was that it was the worse thing since the black death.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It wasn't so terrible. The problem was that it was quite confusing at the beginning because they just dumped you right into the story without really introducing the characters' roles and relationships. So they were waffling on about apparently serious situations but you had no context yet to get emotionally involved in it. And just when it got quite good it ended and there won't be a second season. So on the whole, probably not worth watching unless you have some time to kill and don't mind the story ending without everything being tied up.

Tisiphone

Bastards!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
It wasn't so terrible. The problem was that it was quite confusing at the beginning because they just dumped you right into the story without really introducing the characters' roles and relationships.

Yeah since I didn't read the books this was my initial problem with Game of Thrones. It was until the third or fourth episode that I was able to keep track of who was who.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It was cancelled after one "season" (ten episodes I think?) So there's no resolution. And if you're watching it for Jamie Bamber...

He dies in the first episode.

Tisiphone

WtF!!! You shoulda seen how the ads for the show were playing him up. Now I'm definitely not watching it.

CaptainWacky

THOSE SHIFTY NETWORK TYPES.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They probably even had the gall to make it look action packed and not like a bad copy of Lost!

Tisiphone

They made me think that there were aliens and stuff involved and that Jamie Bamber would be a SHINING STAR

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
There are some aliens, but they're duplicates of the existing cast (which would've been a great excuse to bring back Apollo, but they didn't). They were actually one of the better elements of the show, even though their motivations never seemed to make complete sense.

CaptainWacky

And pre-cut diamonds.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Look at the bright side - it's only one season (or less, if, as in my case, it's ony Jamie Bamber withdrawal.), that should be manageable.