Is Buffy Season 8 supposed to be bad? (SPOILERS)

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
So what's happened to Willow now there's no magic?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
She's just a bit mopey. And she dumped Kennedy because she realised Kennedy just wanted to date a superhero.

Tisiphone

Awwww...

Tisiphone

Sounds lame.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yeah I liked issue 40 because I could actually follow what was going on and it was more character focused and it seems like Buffy is actually going to start being HEROIC again. The note from Joss at the end seemed to be apologising for the whole season going a bit shit. I don't even mind them doing more epic stuff, but it has to actually make sense and and not require several issues of exposition while Buffy and Angel have sex on the moon. Plus the fact that everything bad that happened seemed to be Buffy or Angel's fault or they were just being moved around like chess pieces again by some higher power that was actually their own son from the future or something (right?) Angel's charcter has pretty much been irredeemably ruined at this point and...

THEY FUCKING KILLED GILES. Yeah I know pointless deaths are a Whedon thing, but he's GILES.

Season nine might be good when it comes out in four years!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I didn't like the end, especially when JAMES FINGERS revealed himself to be the Big Bad over a nice plate of baked spaghetti with Xander at a rest-stop.

CaptainWacky

I thought that was so daring that it went all the way around to being good, narrowly bypassing being UTTER SHTIE.

SAUSAGEMAN

hahahaha fucking hell

spoilers for season 9 (but really you want to click because it's so hilariously bad)

Buffy gets an abortion

CaptainWacky

They already lost me with "zompires."

Angel and Faith seemed to be better, but then I read that awful Harmony/Klem issue, so fuck that too.

CaptainWacky

The last issue I read she found out she wasn't really pregnant because she's actually a robot. Those two things are often mistaken for each other, I suppose.

I think I'm a few behind but I'm not sure if I want to catch up now.

CaptainWacky

"I'm sure everyone displeased with Spike's departure from the book will be happy to see so much of Kennedy." - Letters page for issue #11

This book is just one big troll.

CaptainWacky

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/gay-male-vampire-slayer-buffy-comic.html

"It suddenly struck me: If being feminine doesn't mean that you're lesser, then liking guys also doesn’t mean you're lesser," Espenson told Out. "For very good reason, we've focused on the female empowerment part of Buffy, but I wondered, Did we leave something out? What if someone in high school is looking up to Buffy as a role model, and we're saying: You can't be a Slayer."

A male slayer. But he's gay so it's empowering. And not really a slayer. CYNICAL WACKY thinks it's more a "how can we boost sales" thing than a "I've suddenly realised we've been leaving out gays!" thing.

And how why not ROBIN WOOD as a straight male slayer!?!? (Because nobody likes Robin Wood.)