Is Marquis de Sade a child molester?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It would appear so, given his stance in the troll thread.

very interesting what gets revealed when you least expect it.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
Great thread, jacques.

Keep up the pwnership.

jack

Even though it's disgusting, you certainly have the right to your "quirks" :::snicker:::

don't drop the soap, btw.

OS@M@

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I know the topic of child molestation is a funny troll to some of you but to me it is sick. Yes - you've pwned me one more time. And, yes, I know some of you don't believe in a god either. Nevertheless, I pray to my God that child molesters are removed from being part of life, becoming extinct, and they have no entry into heaven. I also hope in the darkest parts of my heart that in the void to which child molesters are condemned there is a menace that would make even the most cruel and vicious quake.

I know the topic of child molestation is a funny troll to some of you but to me it is sick. Yes - you've pwned me one more time. And, yes, I know some of you don't believe in a god either. Nevertheless, I pray to my God that child molesters are removed from being part of life, becoming extinct, and they have no entry into heaven. I also hope in the darkest parts of my heart that in the void to which child molesters are condemned there is a menace that would make even the most cruel and vicious quake.

Were you molested? Is that why you have diabetes?

Pedobetes?

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
Marquis!!! <3

Let him b Jack!

jack

Sounds like the above poster just broke the TOS :bigass:

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect

Shouldn't God cleanse us all of our impurities and give everyone a place in heaven?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Shouldn't God cleanse us all of our impurities and give everyone a place in heaven?

Wouldn't that thwart one's free will?

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
Wouldn't that thwart one's free will?
Quite the opposite. Free will isn't inhibiting one's own behavior for fear of eternal punishment. No matter how evil someone is in their eighty years of life, it shouldn't warrant an eternity of punishment. "Do what I say or burn in hell" isn't promoting free will.

Doesn't free will negate faith?
I have to disagree. How does believing in anything, whether on faith or fact, limit one's free will?

Seph

Retired Account
Aides...

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Doesn't free will negate faith?

I don't think so. If one didn't have free will then there would be no need for faith because there would be no uncertainty, no hoping one hasn't misplaced their trust.

Kitty said:
Quite the opposite. Free will isn't inhibiting one's own behavior for fear of eternal punishment. No matter how evil someone is in their eighty years of life, it shouldn't warrant an eternity of punishment. "Do what I say or burn in hell" isn't promoting free will.

I don't see it quite that way. Then again, I'm not looking at it as only a religious concept but as a human concept. Just considering the subject on its face, a person has free will and may do as they choose. There are always consequences when a person makes a choice - that is why it is a choice and not a given. However, just because a person has free will does not mean they have the right to violate anyone else's free will deliberately. People are always going to do things inadvertently, under duress, because they don't know any better, by accident, because they thought it was the right thing to do at the time. That is where forgiveness and making amends comes in. That, too, is part of free will - making the choice to accept responsibility for mistakes, trying to right what they made wrong if possible. It is also free will to not accept responsibility, to feel one is entitled to violate other's free will if it so suits them. That is why there are prisons.