Isn't this how the Clone Wars got started?

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
...and here I was thinking that it was all just a movie :eek:

[youtube]UM6FWnPBU5o[/youtube]

[youtube]HrXyLrTRXso[/youtube]

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
If Obama doesn't veto this (which he is threatening to do), the best we can hope for is either a second Civil War or a coup d'e'tat.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Why do I get the feeling that this bill and the claim it's for the war on terror is only a pretense to shield it from it's true purpose? With the escalation of the protest movements in this country, passing a bill that would allow the use of the military for domestic law enforcement would be a great way to start hedging the bet against any real form of uprising. In the past it took many layers of approval before the military could be used in this capacity and to my knowledge, it's only recently been used for assistance during natural disasters. This bill would circumvent all those safety measures and effectively void the Posse Comitatus Act that prohibits the use of military personal for domestic law enforcement activities unless approved by an act of congress. Me thinks our leaders on the right are getting a bit skittish with the occupy movement gaining steam and are trying to establish an end run around the Constitution to stomp it out if it gets beyond their comfort zone.