It is not the end of the world.......

Mirah

I love you
Mayans Protest "Twisting of Truth'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...0519.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Doomsday and catastrophic predictions related to the Mayan calendar, which hits a symbolic turning point on Dec. 21, 2012, aren't new. They already permeate pop culture through films, songs and hundreds of books. But as the new year approaches, interest has spiked. A Reuters survey in May found that one in 10 people believe that the Mayan calendar could signify the end of the world in 2012, and 15 percent of people believe the world will end in their lifetime. Web sites and message boards promoting the "Mayan doomsday" date have proliferated, and at least one company is selling $5,300 tickets for a 28-day "La Ruta Maya" bike tour that will begin in Costa Rica and end on Dec. 21 in Belize.

Gomez said the Dec. 21 "doomsday" is actually the beginning of a new time cycle on the Mayan calendar and "means there will be big changes on the personal, family and community level, so that there is harmony and balance between mankind and nature," according to the AFP. (Kaleem Huff Post 2012)

Enkephalen

My Stars!
You know, the Mayans abandoned their cities and fled into the jungle. Did anyone think that the calendar that supposedly predicts the end of the world, was nothing more than they abanded their cities asnd fled into the jungle so they didn't update their calendar?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I'm going to make up a calendar until the year 9892 and hide it in a cave as a prank.