Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

its a good night to spam

A good friend of mine for many years has told me that when we find someone we are attracted to, depending on how beautiful we see them to be, we are able to let them get away with, or we look past, what we would typically not accept otherwise. When this happens, we in retrospect put ourselves on hold, making passage for this other person when such passage is not deserved by our own standards. When we put our own standards on the back burner, we stop personal growth, and allow our foundations to be cracked.

We do this thinking other people cannot tell. However, we all can see clearly when someone is hitting their standards brakes and allowing someone into their life that would typically not be there. We question our friends who do this, wondering why they don’t see that they deserve better, based solely on who we know them to be. We see their foundations cracking, and we are almost powerless to do something about it. As friends, we watch and try to remind them that they deserve someone that won’t put them in a situation to destroy who we know them to be.. to make room for someone unhealthy in their lives, that over time will cancer them into someone we, as their friends, don’t know.

I put this along the lines of a drug addiction; a physical, chemical addiction to a substance that allows us to tear down who we’ve built ourselves to be. Why do we become addicted to another individual, and become uncomfortable with being alone? When an individual is in this situation, on hold for another, that individual can see when their interest is treating them poorly, and chooses to ignore it! Why would you ignore someone treating you like an object for their use when they are comfortable? We may get upset at this, however, we are in the wrong to do so.

I was recently in this situation. I put myself in it, and got upset, internally, when I realized I was being fit into another persons life as they wanted, and I was fitting them into my life whenever they were available. How was that fair? However… I realized, by my own standards and prior writings on understanding and acceptance, that I had no right to be upset. I put myself in that situation, knowing very well exactly how it would turn out, and I held on to this thing called hope that I was wrong, that after all of these years, someone could prove my social assumptions to be incorrect. This desire to be incorrect is a desire that the world is not as bleak a place as I see it, and that there’s a person out there that hopes the same, and maybe, just maybe, I’ll find that person.

It’s unfortunate that I’m not incorrect, and that my hope is not fulfilled. I must not let myself dissolve into someone else, and must not let control of my life dissipate because I hold someone else a higher priority than my own life.

Here’s to realizing that my life is the most important element to me, and I must retain and control it to the best of my ability. Here’s to allowing someone to join my travels, not adjust my travels to be that person. I, too, will join theirs, as our lives allow.