its a good night to spam

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
to whom are you referring?

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
Mr Cruel....Mr Cruel

Victorian police have uncovered new suspects in their 20-year investigation into the child rapist and killer dubbed 'Mr Cruel'.

Detectives uncovered the new information as part of the investigation into the abduction and murder of Melbourne teenager Karmein Chan.

The 13-year-old was abducted from her Templestowe home in 1991 and her body was found a year later at Thomastown.

Her killer, dubbed 'Mr Cruel', is suspected of attacking at least three other girls in Melbourne.

Superintendent Doug Fryer says police have now identified people not previously considered suspects in the cases.

"There's new information that's come in. We believe it to be significant," he said.

"Whilst an arrest won't be happening in the next few days, we're certainly optimistic that we might be able to bring this to a close."

Superintendent Fryer says Karmein Chan's parents have been informed and are hopeful will make an arrest soon.

They have made an appeal for privacy as the investigation continues.

Former police officer Colin McLaren led the original police taskforce into the 'Mr Cruel' case.

He says there is a good chance the man is dead.

"His offences stopped. He was ramping up from the early or mid 80s, entering homes and eventually graduating to kidnapping and then of course we lost Karmein Chan," he said.

"He might have got to the stage where he either suicided, or he died, or he left the country permanently.

Seph

Retired Account
cudda been the frankston killer he had a penchant for raping and killing kids in ur area as well as he was not in jail till late late nighties.

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
Completely other side of city.....this different guy; frankston killer would have been vry young when Mr Cruel was out & about

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
Hmm, the thread title says "it's a good night to spam" - would I violate the rules by posting here now, I wonder? (local time is 7:47 am)
But then, when has TK - or spamming - ever stuck to any rules? :smfgrin:

The most popular topic for small talk being the weather, here the local conditions:

6 inches of nice powdery snow last night and still snowing. The snow now sums up to about 2 feet only as lots melted away when it was so warm last week.
Current temperature -10°C (approx. 18°F) which is comperatively warm, thanks to a cloudy night. After sun rise (it's dawn right now, sun will rise around 8:15) it'll get a little warmer with noon temps around -8°C / approx. 22°F.

I do hope it'll cease to snow around noon (ah well, one can dream, can't one? ;) ) as I didn't bring any lunch and would like to get something from the Chinese restaurant (crispyly roast duck perhaps, or extra-hot Setchuan beef). And I must fetch a parcel from the post office tonight and do some shopping (need icing sugar for my homemade ginger bread). And I didn't even put up any Christmas decoration yet.
*sigh* so much to do and so little time..

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
with all this darned snow falling for weeks now, it's a miracle that there's any left up there at all.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
trust me, you'll quickly stop that if you have to shovel away 20 inches of wet snow every day

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
splendid! when does the next plane from your place to MUC leave?

Mirah

I love you
The year almost the whole state had snow was fucking amazing. And I had to shovel my car out, and try to reserve the spot whenever I left. We didn't have 20 inches, once the plows came it piled up. I would shovel at home, throw a shovel in my car and drive to work and then shovel there.
But I fucking loved it, because when in my lifetime would I have ever seen our state with that much snow? It was fucking awesome.
Snowed this year and loved it.
Now I live in an area where we have more snow, you and I talked about this once TCON, I think you are higher elevation that I am tho.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
I'm at about 450 m / 1350 feet above sea level, but grew up in a far higher region where we had more snow.
Atm we have about 2 feet of snow which is rather a lot for such a low altitude, but nothing like what we used to have at home.

I agree that snow shovelling can be fun, provided the snow is the light powdery kind. I totally hate it, though, when it's wet and weighs tons. Also, after 2 elderly people in my region have died in the snow (fell, couldn't get up and froze to death) and one of my neighbours went missing in a blizzard 2 days ago (had the brains to shelter in a sheep stable and was found yesterday very well though slightly smelly), I am much less enthusiastic about it.