Stop It Supreme Court GIF by GIPHY News

Mirah

I love you
I purchased blueberries today
in yet
another attempt
to make some blueberry pancakes
and on pancake day!

But alas, I did not make pancakes for dinner tonight.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
He's got that "Red Dwarf on Dave" money.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I had two with golden syrup, managed to get some on my jumper.

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Y'ALL CAN PAN MY CAKES ANY DAY OR SOMETHING

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
In no particular order, I wound up getting a colonoscopy/EGD (the medical equivalent of a spit-roast) today, so after missing Fat Tuesday I'm not real thrilled with the idea of giving something up for Lent this year. Maybe being drugged unconscious and spit-roasted by pretty girl doctors. Anyhow, I don't know if I feel like making pancakes for dinner and crave something more substantial after over a day of starvation. And I'm not supposed to drive today so I guess Waffle House is right out. Do Waffle House waffles count on Pancake Day?

I wasn't able to figure out how to work masturbation into that post. I'll try harder next year.

I did have an idea, back when video stores were still a thing and Door Dash was just starting to become a thing of a driver that would bring you a pizza and a movie and give you a handjob. But it never got past the test-marketing phase.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
In no particular order, I wound up getting a colonoscopy/EGD (the medical equivalent of a spit-roast) today, so after missing Fat Tuesday I'm not real thrilled with the idea of giving something up for Lent this year. Maybe being drugged unconscious and spit-roasted by pretty girl doctors. Anyhow, I don't know if I feel like making pancakes for dinner and crave something more substantial after over a day of starvation. And I'm not supposed to drive today so I guess Waffle House is right out. Do Waffle House waffles count on Pancake Day?

I wasn't able to figure out how to work masturbation into that post. I'll try harder next year.

I did have an idea, back when video stores were still a thing and Door Dash was just starting to become a thing of a driver that would bring you a pizza and a movie and give you a handjob. But it never got past the test-marketing phase.
So glad I cancelled my colonoscopy last week. After reading this post, not sure I'm going to reschedule it.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Well, like I said before, if you're not in a high-risk group, Cologard is still relatively humiliating (pooping in a box and then sending it off via UPS) but much less involved (and expensive). The downside is the best you can say is that there's a 92% chance you don't have cancer. And the test won't catch precancerous polyps so they can remove them before they become cancerous. And I worry about what this whole thing is going to wind up costing me--even with insurance--but my Dad and his brother both died of colon cancer and the number of relatives on both sides of my family...it would be simpler to count the ones who *didn't* die of some kind of cancer. And like I said, I was having an increasing difficulty getting food all the way into my stomach while eating so I really had to have that looked at. I never smoked habitually--the occasional pipe or cigar. I liked the hookah bar fad of the turn of the century--until I learned that hookahs don't filter out the poisons, they just make it easier for you to maximize the amount of poison you take in. So I wanted to rule out throat cancer (my Dad's Dad died of that) or at least catch it early.

I did make some pancakes last night after all. I figured I owed myself a breakfast for that day so I had one after dinner. I'm still owed a breakfast for Monday, so maybe evening French Toast tonight. And a double lunch today.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Colonoscopies and pancakes, a match made in heaven.

By the way, it's more formally known as Shrove Tuesday,..... Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day is the day before Ash Wednesday, observed in many Christian countries through participating in confession and absolution, the ritual burning of the previous year's Holy Week palms, finalizing one's Lenten sacrifice, as well as eating pancakes and other sweets. Wikipedia

Like today is Ash wednesday.

ON YOUR KNEES HEATHENS!

Mirah

I love you
Thank you wiki jack, I wouldn't want to confuse you with a mansplainer. At least you didn't begin your post with " actually"

It is also fat tuesday! But this is the thread for pancake day, hence the song in the youtube video. Much catchier than " Its shrove tuesday day!"

jack

Remember the part in Little Black Sambo where the tigers chased him around the tree until they melted into butter? Then he took the butter home and his mom made pancakes? And little B;lack sambo at 27 pancakes with the butter?

YUM!

jack

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I completely forgot to have pancakes on pancake day.

CaptainWacky

I had crisps.

CaptainWacky

^Definitive version as it includes the Sheriff's bit at the end.