IT'S TOO HOT

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
YES I know it's hotter where you are, of course it is, I'm the only one here who's in Scotland so it's a scientific fact that it's hotter wherever you are, but the facts reamins that it's too hot FOR ME right now AND I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE IT.

ctmelvital

more cookies please?
Nope, not too hot here anymore. Kinda cold today, actually.

CaptainWacky

It makes me ill.

ctmelvital

more cookies please?
So what's the temperature? 18° C?

CaptainWacky

25!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I've been pacing myself so far. I try not to use fans because I want to acclimatize this year. The next month is going to start getting ridiculously hot so I want to be ready.

Having 35-40 celcius days is the norm and during the night the heat doesn't dissipate so it still hangs at 30 degrees during the night so it can get really tough.

Lots of swimming is the answer.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I was down the allotment today - 33 according to my watch, and around 25-26 out of the allotment. Lovely day.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
YES I know it's hotter where you are, of course it is, I'm the only one here who's in Scotland so it's a scientific fact that it's hotter wherever you are, but the facts reamins that it's too hot FOR ME right now AND I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE IT.

It's nice here today. 70 degrees, partly cloudy, slight breeze. What temp is it there that's hot for you?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's about 90 here and humid! We use the a/c year round just about, FUCK ACCLIMATIZING!

CaptainWacky

The thermometer says 23C now which is 74F apparently. AND AGAIN different people have different tolerances and are used to living in different climates and it's not the heat, IT'S THE HUMIDITY.

(People always say "it's not the heat, it's the humidity!" so I thought I would.)

And the sun hurting my eyes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That's about the temp it gets at night here, which is a nice change from the blazing heat of the day, but can still feel muggy and stifling depending on the humidity. I think you'd probably shrivel up and die if you had to go outside here during the summer.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
The thermometer says 23C now which is 74F apparently. AND AGAIN different people have different tolerances and are used to living in different climates and it's not the heat, IT'S THE HUMIDITY.

(People always say "it's not the heat, it's the humidity!" so I thought I would.)

And the sun hurting my eyes.

That bright yellow thing always burns me easy too. I work outside and have to virtually bathe in sunblock.

CaptainWacky

That's about the temp it gets at night here, which is a nice change from the blazing heat of the day, but can still feel muggy and stifling depending on the humidity. I think you'd probably shrivel up and die if you had to go outside here during the summer.

AND YOU'D FREEZE TO DEATH IN A SCOTTISH WINTER AND NO AMOUNT OF POLAR BEARS COULD SAVE YOU.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I was at a chili cookoff in Corsicana on Saturday, and cooking hot chili on hot pavement...I was sweating like a whore in church. But that's what the beer is for!

CaptainWacky

Let's get back to that "sweating like a whore in church" part...