I've joined Twitter.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I don't know a single friend in real life that posts on there. I've done so just to add a bunch of celebrities. I'm getting bored already.

@cph76nofr if you're interested. I don't think I am!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I have a few Twitter accounts mainly for promotional reasons for various websites I run. I find the whole format of Twitter quite shit, really. I find it difficult to read Tweets from people because the formatting isn't very user friendly and find the whole fad rather pointless tbh.

In short Twitter is the most overrated website on the planet.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Agreed.

I WILL FOLLOW YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, GAGH.

I've made exactly one tweet in the year-plus that I've had an account. I started a second one for some reason, but I can't even remember the name/pw, LOL.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, I totally agree with Menty about the readability. Tweets are horrible to read, but I follow so many people that I just scan the page looking for stuff that looks like plain English, and ignore anything with too many acronyms.

It's most interesting of course for following celebs and for seeing a wide range of opinions in real time on developing events, such as during the election debates and probably now during the footy too, though I haven't looked.

Anyway, I'll follow you. :)

whisky

Boobie inspector
I've had it a while, but seldom do a tweet as can never think of anything to say, and when I do its inevitably too long for there anyway, so stick it on facebook where more people will see it, and I don't have to count every single character.

For example that previous sentence is probably too long for twitter.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
HA! Now I'm following all of you, except Mentalist. Eggs, you tried to hide from me, but I found you anyway.

Yub

Anachrophobic
That's why I joined Twitter: Conan's tweets. Gary Busey's are good too, but I joined for Conan's.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
i get emails telling me that total strangers are following me. I don't know if it is because my name is so close to a famous wedding dress designer, or it's just some bullshit..... but really... I get like one a week, and I don't know whothefvcktheyare.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Twitter may survive, but I guess it will be mainly an "input" site for mobile internet text that is used as a gateway to other, richer sites.

I see it as "update your twitter, and automatically update all your sites" kind of thing.

Apart from that it's shit. Even some of the link interfaces are clunky.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I'm Tweeting away to myself. I'm watching the Microsoft E3 address introducing Kinect. It sucks.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Dammit I don't want to play games where I wave my limbs about in my living room. I see enough mentalists doing this in Portsmouth for free.

This thing blows.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
This thing sucks arse, but there's some fun to be had in watching these idiots act it out on stage.

Hello, Microsoft - I got an XBox because I'm a lazy prick who has been using controllers for 30 years!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Lucas Arts have signed up a to a Kinect game for Star Wars. Fuck that - I grew out of playing swords when I was 7.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
How about some games with original gameplay & content instead of this gimmicky shite?