James Callis

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
HE'S GONNA BE ON FLASHFORWARD!

http://scifiwire.com/2010/02/look-whos-flashforward-ing-bsgs-gaius-baltar.php

Battlestar Galactica's Gaius Baltar is FlashForwarding to ABC to make some trouble. English actor James Callis, who played the conflicted Baltar on Syfy's Battlestar, has been cast in a major role on FlashForward for several episodes at the end of the season, said co-show runner Jessika Borsiczky in an exclusive interview with SCI FI Wire.

"When I watched Battlestar, every time he wasn't in a scene I couldn't wait for him to come back," said Borsiczky. "And I really wanted to have an opportunity to work with him. Honestly, since the show was ordered, we've been excited to work with him. And I so just cast him in our show. He's playing a big role in some of the final episodes this season, and it was for that very reason."

However, Borsiczky was coy about the exact nature of Callis' character. "I don't actually want to tell you anything about the character, because he's a really exciting, unusual character. So I think it's going to be fun for the audience. He's going to be involved with Olivia's trajectory ... some of Olivia's journey."

What Borsiczky wasn't at all coy about was the behind-the-scenes changes that have been big news as FlashForward prepares to return to ABC in March after a long hiatus. Borsiczky's husband, co-creator David Goyer, stepped down as the show's show runner just months after taking over for Marc Guggenheim, who also stepped down.

Borsiczky now is running the series with Lisa Zwerling and Tim Lea, which adds up to a lot of behind-the-scenes excitement for a series in its freshman year.

"We always anticipated David would leave to go do movies, so for us it was something we were always bracing ourselves for and preparing for. The game plan was already in place when that happened, so it's obviously a headline, and people get sad, and it's fairly page-turning, but honestly it's business as usual, for the most part, over here," said Borsiczky.

"David and I developed the idea together, sold the idea together ... really came up with the direction of it. So whether it's been myself and David, or the writers, or the crew, or the directors, it's always really been a team effort. Which I know sounds clichéd, but if you could see the scene you'd know it's true. They really keep us completely afloat."

FlashForward will return with a clip show to help get people caught up on what happened with the characters after everyone on the planet blacked out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds and most people experienced a flash-forward involving their own future.

The clip show will air sometime before the midseason premiere on March 18, and then FlashForward will air 13 consecutive episodes.

Are you ready to finally find out what the blackouts and the flash-forwards were all about?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
What a waste of a fantastic actor. Oh well, it'll be nice to see him on screen again.

Meanwhile, James Corden (who is an incredibly obnoxious British "comedian") got cast in a Doctor Who episode. Ugh.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Dammit, now I'm gonna have to tune in to FF just so I can get a Baltar fix. Sneaky fuckers.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
"Because in MY flashforward...I was in a shitty tv show!"

Tisiphone

It would be funny in his Flashforward if he woke up in bed with a smoking blonde who talked about "skinjobs."

whisky

Boobie inspector
Which one of the 1 dimensional phoned in acting roles was Olivia?

CaptainWacky

Penny.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
What a waste of a fantastic actor. Oh well, it'll be nice to see him on screen again.

Meanwhile, James Corden (who is an incredibly obnoxious British "comedian") got cast in a Doctor Who episode. Ugh.

It could be worse. James Corden could be cast in the next Star Trek movie, and James Callis could be cast in Eastenders as COCKERNEE BARROW-BOY #2.

CaptainWacky

Well it's just The Sun who are reporting James Corden in Who so hopefully it's a load of shit?

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
James Corden cast as new editor of The Sun in BOTTLER BROWN'S BROKEN BRITAIN?

CaptainWacky

Is it wrong that I want Brown to be re-elected just to annoy The Sun and for no other reason really?

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Is it wrong that I want Brown to be re-elected just to annoy The Sun and for no other reason really?

Considering how much he's utterly shafted the UK since he was appointed without election (and before as Chancellor), yes - regardless of that shitty newspaper's opinion.

I'd rather he be made Dr Who's new companion above being re-elected!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Photoshopping has its therapeutic qualities.

50272607126011700283.jpg

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
MORE JAMES CALLIS NEWS: HE'S GONNA BE IN EUREKA.

http://www.televisionaryblog.com/2010/03/channel-surfing-glau-to-don-cape-parks.html

Former Battlestar Galactica star James Callis--who will next be seen later this season on ABC's FlashForward, has joined the cast of Syfy's Eureka, which returns for its fourth season this summer. Callis will play Dr. Grant, a former resident of Eureka who is a romantic interest for Salli Richardson-Whitfield's Allison Blake. (Hollywood Reporter's The Live Feed)

I might actually start watching Eureka!

Tisiphone

Eureka is actually a decent show. I just always forget about it.

CaptainWacky

I saw a Flashforward advert with Callis in it. Maybe if he plays the character exactly the same as Baltar it'll be good!