James Webb Finally Finished

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The Jim Jones Space Center in Guyana?

(HEY AT LEAST I DIDN'T MAKE THE OBVIOUS JOKE "DOES HE NEED A TISSUE?")

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
How long before we meet this guy.

TVI0vK6.jpg

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor

Pretty amazing shit right there.

CaptainWacky

How can anyone think we're alone in the universe really.

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Scientists have named the galaxy "Mournful Anus".

CaptainWacky

Middle Earth, from space.

CaptainWacky

I've been watching a lot of videos about the universe lately and feeling really small.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I've been watching this closely. Still some questions around wether it's a false detection so due dilligence still being done but if its not then it's an astounding discovery and really upends our understanding of the formation of the early universe. I want to see the spectra results, which should show a lack of heavy elements in these early galaxies, to at least confirm we know something.

CaptainWacky

I'm currently obsessed with the idea that there could be a load of STUFF out there that's too far away for us to have ever been able to see, like there could be literally anything evne a fucking space cat.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Sometimes I think about buying a telescope, but we have terrible light pollution and I don't want the neighbours to think I am looking in their bedrooms.

CaptainWacky

This is the video that gave me the most existential dread for some reason.

Mostly the part about how in a few billion years "we" (I know it's not really us as we'll all be dead!) won't be able to see anything outside our local group. And we won't even know anything else was ever there, because we'll never be able to see it. I feel so bad for those billion-year future humans!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Kurzgesagt is always good value. Love the channel. It's also weird to think that it's been less than a hundred years since Edwin Hubble confirmed that the universe was expanding and that we even discovered that there were other galaxies at all. Before that, the indistinct smudges of distant galaxies that we could detect were thought to be nebulae and local. I was already nine years old when the first confirmed exoplanet was discovered. The march of progress is insane, especially when you consider it against the backdrop of cosmic time-scales