CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
That's not good.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Forrealz? Wow. Hope he recovers okay.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Perhaps they'll realise that having a 62 year old man tossed around the ring by 2 guys half his age isn't exactly promoting their wellness campaign all that much.

CaptainWacky

His ex-wife Stacy "the cat" Carter says.

"The docs are removing his ventilation and taking him out of sedation. He is responsive, which is great!!! It took a while to revive him last night so there's the concern of brain damage. He had some tests done which will show how much if any damage there is due to the lack of oxygen to the brain. Unfortunately, the results won't be in until the morning. I appreciate all the calls, texts, tweets and Facebook messages of support and I know Jerry will too."

It's hardy to get too excited when there's still the possibility of brain damage...

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It seems that despite being a sport where people only pretend to get beaten the crap out of, it's actually got a much higher mortality rate than ones where people are genuinely fighting.

CaptainWacky

Well the phyisical toll is just as real. And the drugs (though Lawler apparently has never been a drug user.)

Brian Lawler posted earlier today that his father does not appear to have suffered any brain damage, which was the biggest fear as of last night."The CT scan of my dad's brain came back good," he posted.Lawler on Monday after suffering a near fatal heart attack while announcing, had his heart stop beating for what is believed to have been close to 15 minutes, which is where the fear of brain damage came because of oxygen deprivation to the brain.Brian Lawler flew to Montreal on Tuesday and has been by his father's side for the past day.Kevin Lawler, who is not in Montreal, said that his father is not able to speak, but he is writing things on a notepad."Not just brief notes, but detailed stores which show he knows where he is and what is going on," Kevin Lawler told TMZ.comJoe Cooper, Lawler's business partner in Memphis, told WMC-TV, where Lawler was a fixture on television for two decades as the star of Championship Wrestling, the saem thing.Stacy Carter, Lawler's ex-wife, posted, "The rumors are true. I just got confirmation that Jerry Lawler's test results are in and he has no brain damage. That is wonderful news."Afternoon update: Jerry Lawler is now talking and laughing in his hospital room so he is seemingly bouncing back strongly from surgery.

CaptainWacky

He's already back on commentary (actually for a couple of weeks.) So that's good!