Justin Lee Collins brings back Star Trek

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Did anyone (IN THE UK) watch? It was okay though typically annoying in places. I wish he'd talked to them all for longer instead of cutting back between him in the hotel naked and licking things. I mean all the sexual innuendo was just bizarre.

I think that's the first Takei interview I've seen where he hasn't mentioned being gay!

Grace Lee Whitney's face was really weird and she seemed quite bitter (though she admitted that.) I didn't believe her when she said Uhura was kept on because of "political correctness" (which is ruining the country, you know!) because I doubt the network cared about being nice to black women in the sixties. Then again, I didn't believe Nichelle's Martin Luthor King story since she's apparently changed it so many times over the years.

Koenig seemed like a nice guy but didn't get a very long interivew. Nimoy is always good to talk to. Didn't really see the point of him going to the Klingon language guy. Mister Leslie and the Gorn guy were a bit more interesting at least.

Was weird how he never mentioned the characters of Bones or Scotty AT ALL or that the actors were dead.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, I thought it was strange he made no mention of Scotty or Bones and instead made it seem like Rand and Leslie (who I'd NEVER heard of) were integral to the series. Still, did learn somethings I hadn't heard before.

Grace Lee Whitney looked pretty nuts... eyes darting around the room and all. Not sure I believe the Shat slap story.

The sex jokes were funny, but not really necessary. It's like they thought it wouldn't be interesting enough to stand up on its own.

CaptainWacky

Well I recognised Leslie when I saw him. I remembered the story of him dying in one episode and being alive in the next.

Since the whole thing must have been filmed nearly a year ago (Takei was just planning his wedding and I think he got married in September last year) Majel Barrett would have still been alive (but probably too ill to speak to him) but there was no mention of her either.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Except when Rand mentioned her as one of the two blonds, even though Nurse Chapel had weird grey hair.

CaptainWacky

Did Gene never bang Grace? Wasn't there a story saying the reason she left was because someone from the show raped her (remember SkinOfEvil speculating it was "Scotty" and he lost his missing finger up her)?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Maybe it was all a confusion over the Kirk rape?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I thought it was supposed to be one of the studio suits that raped her, not one of the cast.

I was surprised when Konig said noone would stand up against Shatner in case he had them fired, but then I do remember reading once he had a director fired who said he was putting on weight.

CaptainWacky

HE'S CAPTAIN KIRRRRRK

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
Did Gene never bang Grace? Wasn't there a story saying the reason she left was because someone from the show raped her (remember SkinOfEvil speculating it was "Scotty" and he lost his missing finger up her)?

Scotty lost his finger in Normandy, from what I recall.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, it was, but SkinOfEvil was a notorious and highly amusing troll and he made a lot of people angry on TrekBBS by suggesting that he lost it in Grace Lee Whitney. ;)

CaptainWacky

Hasn't been on here in years. He was a cartoonist I believe so he might have made it big. Or he just got tired of the board like so many others.

VKD

Banned
I thought it was supposed to be one of the studio suits that raped her, not one of the cast.

I was surprised when Konig said noone would stand up against Shatner in case he had them fired, but then I do remember reading once he had a director fired who said he was putting on weight.

It was Roddenberry and Doohan that raped her (not necessarily at the same time or in that order)

did they talk about that in the programme?

CaptainWacky

No. :(

CaptainWacky

That's Jonathan King.

CaptainWacky

Is it time to "bring back" the "Justin Lee Collins Brings Back..." franchise?

(Meh, I don't care.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
His career went downhill suspiciously after he slagged off "Brucey" and said he should retire.