Katie Hopkins

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Just shoot her.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Sounds like a female Perez Hilton...they will probably become BFFs fast.

CaptainWacky

I liked it when the sound just cut out on her.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
What's her deal? Is she being that way for the fame and fortune (in which case she's not that good at it) or is she sincerely like that 24/7 (in which case she's in need of psychological help)?

CaptainWacky

She wasn't as openly evil when she was on The Apprentice. At some point she figured out she could says "fat people are scum!" and papers would report "CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT KATIE HOPKINS SAID WHY IS SHE ALLOWED TO SPEAK" and she'd get money for it. Or maybe her epilepsy actually destroyed the part of her brain responsible for empathy who knows.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Didn't know she was epileptic.

Anyway, I've always assumed she isn't nearly as much of a cow in real life, and that being on live tv would expose her. It seems to be going that way so far. She's probably quite thankful that they made her be nice for a task, as it takes the pressure off of trying to come up with witty insults about stuff that doesn't genuinely annoy her. The commentary she was giving on launch night was really half arsed. A real bitch wouldn't have had any trouble putting that bunch of loons in the shade.

CaptainWacky

After the pointless task was ended she said something like "GOOD, NOW I'M GOING TO GIVE SOME PEOPLE A PIECE OF MY MIND." But she hasn't. At all. Expect another task soon where she has to be nasty as the producers attempt to get their money's worth from her.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
But she was brilliant after the announcement that Ken had gone.

I now want her to come in second behind Michelle. (But Callum is gonna win because he's hot and doesn't ruffle feathers)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
She's very clever at making everyone else hate each other. She's not openly telling everyone she thinks they're worthless, but it's obvious she does actually think that. So she just does these subtle digs and stirs things up so that everyone is focused on not liking each other, instead of not liking her.

She's a horrible human being.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yup. What took them so long to cast her?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
But she shouldn't be in here. She's not entertaining to watch, at all. She's just person spewing hate 24/7. She needs actual help, not this sort of publicity.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It is clear she is trying to come up with more and more offensive stuff all the time and is doing it all in a measured way and pushing it for the publicity which the papers are more than happy to give her. That doesn't negate her being a complete cunt in the slightest though. It might actually make her worse. There are actually people that think she's great as well which just is beyond all comprehension. It's nice that she has managed to be so successful by being an awful person though. GREAT MESSAGE.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I agree she's a total cunt, but I think Perez is just as big a cunt. The difference with him is he is a man-child, so he doesn't have the intellectual maturity to be on Katie's level. He is 8 year old Katie, looking for raw attention more than measured fame/notoriety.

Katie is a consistently evil adult whose motivations can be understood at the same time they are reviled. Perez bounces around the moral compass, living from justification to justification to suit whatever moment he's in. He changes gears to project "being right" in any given moment. Whoever raised him didn't really raise him.

CaptainWacky

ARE YOU WATCHING THIS CARWRECK OF A SERIES, MENTALIST?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh for fuck's sake. She cannot act.

CaptainWacky

She told Cheggers off for trying to talk to Perez. She tells the others to ignore Perez. Then she follows Perez around the house for hours trying to make herself look good by telling him off. And Nadia was right that Katie doesn't care about Alexander (since when do they call him "the big man" or whatever?) and was using him to get to Perez again.

And the fucking stupid public are falling for it and she's going to win.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They'll all see through it eventually and she'll get nominated every single week. ...hopefully we won't just lose good people instead.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yeah, unlike Perez, Katie is smart enough to manipulate her surroundings without showing her hand.

Unfortunately, she's in it for the long run.